Chapter 8; Unwanted Truth

After about 10 minutes of driving, Calum and I finally arrive at Chelsea's house. I've felt anxious this whole time. I'm hoping she'll forgive me for hurting Luke; but I'd rather not tell her that I have a crush on her either.

We walk up to her doorstep and I stand at the door. All I can manage to do is just stare at it. I glance at Calum with a worried expression on my face.

He raises and eye brow, "you gonna knock, or...?" He drags the word 'or'

I gulp. My throat is dry, my palms are sweaty, yet I still manage to raise my hand and knock on the door weakly. I take a deep breath and step away from the door slightly. In what seems like hours, Chelsea opens the door slowly.

She doesn't look too good. Her normally shiny and smooth hair is in a messy bun. Like a messy bun; it looks like she hasn't brushed her hair in days. Her eyes slightly red and puffy like she had been crying herself to sleep every night; although the worst part is, she probably has been.

Calum lightly bumps my back, signaling me to say something instead of stare at her.

I clear my throat. "Um... Hi." I say awkwardly.

She looks at me with an irritated glare.

"Uh... May I come in?" I ask lightly.

She eyes me up and down with a look of disgust, then backs away from the door just enough for me to walk through the door. Calm follows behind me and I hear Chelsea whisper a 'Hi, Calum'

I stand near the dining table awkwardly. What do I say? Do I just start explaining everything right in front of Calum? Should we go sit down?

"So?" She says sharply, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I clear my throat again, "um is it alright if we go somewhere private?" I ask softly.

She looks at me with a blank stare, then rolls her eyes at me as she says, "if I wanted to talk to you alone, I wouldn't have had Calum come with you." She says with anger seeping in her voice.

"Can we just go in a different room? Please?" I beg.

She sighs deeply, then turns on her heel towards her room.

"I'll just stay here then..." Calum says as he makes his way to the couch and flips on the television.

I make my way rather quickly to Chelsea's room. I'm eager to give her my explanation so she'll stop giving me the cold shoulder. I've dealt with this for less than 10 minutes and I already feel like having a breakdown.

I walk in to her room and find her sitting on her bed staring at me with anger in her eyes. I shut the door and begin my explanation.

"Chels-"

"Don't 'Chels' me." She hisses. "You don't know how mad I am at you. You know good and well that Luke is my best friend too. So is Calum and Ashton. Last time I checked, they were yours too. So why would you just beat him up like that?" She says, raising her voice slightly.

"You're right." I sigh and my shoulders sag.

I'm still standing at the door because I feel way too nervous and uncomfortable to sit anywhere near her. I feel like she's gonna claw my eyes out.

"You're right." I repeat. Then I continue. "I don't know how mad you are at me. I only know what you're showing. And I feel horrible. And I know they're all your best friends... I just... I wish I could tell you why I did what I did. But last time I checked, friends don't take advantage of each other like he did to you." My voices gets quieter towards the end.