Chapter 16; Our Own Thoughts

I just don't understand why Chelsea can't tell me why she's upset. I can't stop thinking about it. I know whatever it is, is making her upset; every time I mention it her face falls and she gets utterly quiet.

Does she not trust me? Did I do something to make me lose her trust?

Continuous thoughts and anxiety run through my head, day in and day out. I just don't know what to do.

Just let her know that you're there for her; that's all you can do...

I take her on a date, then she's quiet for a few weeks, then I take her out again, and the same cycle repeats itself.

What if I'm not the only guy in her life?

I shake those nasty thoughts out of my head immediately. She wouldn't do that, I'm just being paranoid.

I grab my phone from off my chest and look at it blankly. I go into my contacts and fine Chelsea's name. I press the green dial button and wait for her to answer.

A few rings pass, and I come to interact with her voicemail. Instead of hanging up, I just listen to her voice, that's all I wanted.

'Hey this is Chelsea! Sorry I couldn't answer your call. Leave me a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can. Toodles!'

I smile at her silly words and chirpy voice. God I miss her.

It's like I'm addicted to her voice. To her presence. To her.

I can't help but feel this sense of broken emptiness. Now that we're dating, she's just stopped hanging out with me. She just stopped talking to me. She's quiet for a few weeks, then comes back upset, but then won't tell me what's wrong. I try to invite her to hang out with the boys and I but when I tell her that we're all going, I can just hear the cringe in her voice as she declines my offers.

I guess I'll just take what you got...

I thought before I asked her to be my girlfriend that she would fulfill my needs, but she's barely talking to me. I say this, but yet I can't let her go. She has what I need that I know I can't get from anyone else. I know that if I left her, I would be crushing myself more than I would be if I stayed.

Maybe all of this is just a lie. Maybe she's just staying with you because she feels bad.

That tiny little voice in my head says more negative things than positive. I love Chelsea, but i'm starting to wonder if she actually a loves me too.

CHELSEA'S POV

My heart hurts. I feel horrible for treating Michael so badly. And I especially feel horrible for not telling Michael about what Luke is doing. I don't want to ruin their friendship... If I don't tell him, then I will eventually be out of the picture and Michael will never know what Luke is trying to do.

But does Michael really want a friend who would do this to him?

I'm just having a war with myself. I try to convince myself to not tell him, and that I'm helping him by not saying anything. But really, there is no good reason to not tell Michael everything. I'm just scared to face him.

I sigh loudly as I'm sitting in the same place I always am; my room. I'm sitting on the floor, bouncing my head against the door, hoping some better thoughts get pressed into my head. But there's nothing.

After Michael and I's date ended on an awkward note, I came home to find Luke... Again. He was talking to my mom, talking to her in a sweet tone, his fake tone. It could have fooled me- if I wasn't the one he was controlling.

My mom noticed I was stressed about something, but when she asked what was wrong, I faked a small smile and shook my head. I glanced at Luke, and he had an evil smirk. It looked like he enjoys seeing me in so much heartache.

I sit up quickly from the door. Does this plan have to do with getting revenge on me too? I think back to what else happened that night.

All I remember is Luke staying only a little bit longer, probably hoping I would share why I was upset. I never did, so he just left with a small kiss on my mother and I's cheek. I can't tell you how long I scrubbed my cheek to get his germs off of me, I felt like I needed to take 4 showers in order to feel slightly satisfied.

I scroll through my phone to find my texts messages with Luke. When I find his name, I start typing quickly.

To: Luke

I have a quick question....

That sounded way to subtle and nice. I should have been more stern like, "Listen here you ass wipe, we need to talk NOW." But no. I had to be sweet.

From: Luke

You wanna come over here and talk? ;)

That's it. His stupid nasty comments like that are what get me going.

To: Luke

Shut the fuck up Luke, I'm not joking right now. Does this stupid plan of yours having something to do about getting revenge on me too?

He was really grinding my gears.

From: Luke

Why the hell would I want revenge on you?

I sigh loudly- fucking idiot.

To: Luke

Idk, because you're an ass hole? Every time you see me upset, you have a dark smile...

Shit I'm getting vulnerable.

From: Luke

Haha! That's not revenge, love. That's me getting turned on by how much you care about the ones you love. Because now I know that it'll soon be me that you're crying over.

That doesn't even make sense...

To: Luke

Fuck off. I hate you. I wish I never met you. I wish you were out of my life. I wish you would leave me with Michael so I can be happy and not lose him. I wish you would be a good friend. For Michael. I don't even care about myself anymore

I could feel the tears threatening to fall.

From: Luke

Stop babe I'm not a genie lol.

That's it. This is what made me cry. When he sent that text, I couldn't stop these tears. I was like a broken sprinkler that no one could fix. When he sent that text, it showed me how much he doesn't care about me. I just wasted and ruined my life. Michael's life. And now I can't do anything to fix this.

My breathing is starting to become rapid, I can't stop shaking. I wish I could show Michael that I love him- because I do, but if I show any love, he'll get hurt. I believe it's better if only one person gets hurt, and that should be me.

{ hey guys omg I'm sorry this is late. I actually totally forgot about this chapter because I'm trying to find a job.

But I wrote this, and it's more of a filler chapter because this book is actually short, so it MIGHT be coming to an end soon. Basically I'm trying to buy some time for more ideas so it can be a little longer hah.

But the ending will be amaze balls so I know you won't be disappointed if it were to end in a few chapters ;P

VOTE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW ME

Let me know what you think, should I just end the story within the next few chapters? Should I try to make it longer? TELL ME SO I DON'T HAVE TOO MANY PEOPLE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!

Hope you liked this chapter my loves ^.^ xx