Chapter 4; She's Making It Hard To Leave

I turn my head wildly and spin around in a complete circle. I don't see Chelsea anywhere. Damn it, here I am trying to be a good, caring friend, and I just somehow manage to fuck that up too.

I walk down the narrow hallway quickly, and walk into a random room. I have to keep pushing and shoving my way through the people who can't seem to realize I am a human in distress. The room I seem to be in looks like... I don't even know... It's so trashed and there's way too many people to even see the walls. I hated this party. You could smell the alcohol and cigarettes. As I get closer towards the front door, I swear I start to smell marijuana. What the hell are these kids wasting their life like that. Having fun shouldn't be about putting toxins in your body and making stupid decisions, but then again- I'm in the same place as they are.

"Miiichaeellllllll." I hear a voice drag my name out. Sadly it was a male.

"What." I grumble.

I turn around and face Calum. He has Luke and Ashton with him.

"Dude let's take a selfiieeeeeee." He says. "We never take any anymore." He says and pouts.

"We take selfies every day. Everywhere we go. Interviews, shows, you name it." I say, getting slightly frustrated.

"Ashton, you take it, you're the most sober, and in the best mood." Calum giggles and then glares at me.

Ashton holds Calum's phone up in the air, and we all pose. I just stare at the camera blankly.

"Smile you little shart." Calum whines.

I roll my eyes and do a quick silly face, while Calum turns around to, of course, stick his ass in the pick, and then Luke turns his head at the right time to get his face in the picture.

"Ashton, it's all shaky, we need to retake it." Calum says with true sadness seeping in his eyes.

I try to not laugh at him for being so sad about a slightly blurry picture.

"Sorry, these drunk people won't stop bumping me." Ashton answers, shrugging.

"Have you guys happened to see Chelsea?" I ask with slight desperation.

They all look at me blankly, except Ashton, for he still had full control of himself.

"No, I haven't. Would you like some help looking for her?" Ash offers kindly.

"Uh..."

Should I let Ashton help me? I mean I made the promise that I would keep her safe, not any of them. But then again, I should do anything it takes to keep her safe.

"Yes... Please." I say.

"Alright. I'll look outside, you should look in the bathrooms, and upstairs." Ashton instructs.

My eyes widen at the thought of her being upstairs in those huge bedrooms...

I nod and shuffle off quickly to the curvy staircase. Damn some of these people couldn't even make it to the rooms. I try to hold back my gags as I step over the stupid teens. I open one of the bathrooms after knocking- no one. I walk diagonal to the hall to one of the fairly large bedrooms, I knock, scared to see what's behind it. I open the door slowly and see people passed out on the bed, on the floor, all of them naked. I can't un-see that.

"Oh, hey Michael." I hear a chirpy voice from behind me.

I whip my body around, to find Chelsea lazily standing against the top of the staircase.

I heave a relieved sigh.

"Chelsea, I'm glad you're alright." I smile.

I walk up to her and embrace her tightly.

"We really should leave-"
"No..." She whispers and puts her dainty finger up to my lips.

Her face gets dangerously close to mine, letting me smell the alcohol seeping from her breath.

"Let's stay here." She smiles at me evilly.

I stare at her with wide eyes. I knew this is just her drunk self talking, but it almost seemed like she actually did want me. She grabs my collar and pulls me in to kiss her, but I stop right before our lips collide.

"Chelsea." I whisper, looking at her soft lips.

"Hmm?" She hums with her eyes closed.

"You're drunk. We need to go home." I tell her.

"Michael why can't you just have fun?" She says with irritation in her voice.

"Well I'm sorry. I'm your friend, I want to keep you safe, and I don't want to take advantage of you." I argue back calmly.

"I don't need you to keep me safe; I'm not a child." She starts to shout. Then she gets close to me again. She trails her finger along my jaw slowly and whispers against my ear "you won't be taking advantage of me if I'm giving you permission."

She was making this so hard... If you know what I mean.

"Chelsea, stop." I say as I get close to giving in and just kissing her right there. "We're not talking about this anymore, we're leaving right now."

She looks at me angrily.

"I'll just find Luke then." She smirks at me and dashes down the stairs.

Luke? Why him? My face falls as I realize what she meant by finding him. She just wants a sex buddy. Or I guess a boy toy, if you will.

I run down the stairs, once again looking for Chelsea in the sea of people. I run outside and find Ashton talking to some guys.

"Ashton!" I shout.

"Did you find her?" He asked.

"Yeah... But then I lost her again." I say with embarrassment. "But we need to find Luke." I say quickly.

"Why Luke?" He asks.

I look at him, and give him "the look"

His face drops and he goes slightly pale.

"Oh god. Let's go." He says with disgust.

We rush back inside, and go on another search for both Chelsea and Luke.

{ Okay well this is a shitty chapter. This whole party scene will end soon. I just want you to get to know how Michael is as a character and to help you start to understand how he feels toward Chelsea ya know ;)

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope you like my bad writing lol.

Love you all soooo much!

Buh-bye

: )

xx }