Chapter 5; Beaten

I keep pushing through the people, looking for Chelsea once again. Both her and Luke were drunk, so just imagine what could happen between them.

I finally get back to the kitchen and I find Chelsea and Luke chatting; but from where I was standing, it look quite flirtatious. I can feel my blood boiling just at the sight of them. Then, I see Luke snake his arm around her waist as he stands up and walks towards me.

They both are smiling goofily at each other, but I stand in front of them.

"Oh hey Mike." Luke slurs out, making little eye contact with me.

"Hello Like." I grumble through gritted teeth. I feel my hands ball into fists, clenching at my sides.

"You alright?" He giggles.

"Shut up. Leave her alone." I snap.

His eyes widen in shock for just the slightest second, then he squints darkly. Before I realized what happened, everything went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly open my eyes, then immediately close them again. A bunch of lights were on, making it painful for me to fully awaken. I moan in pain as I sit up slowly. My head feels really fuzzy and I feel dizzy as I try to stand up.

I hear hushed voices as I attempt to open my eyes again.

"Guys quiet."

"Shhh."

"Guys you can talk to me, jeez." I say with a raspy voice.

As soon as I open my eyes and look around slowly to examine my surroundings, I don't really know where I'm at at first.

"W-where am I?" I accidentally stutter.

The 3 pairs of eyes stare at me, slight confusion evident.

"You don't know we're you're at?" Calum asks as him, Ashton, and Chelsea are sitting on them floor.

I shake my head slowly, raising an eyebrow.

"You're-um... At your house... This is your room." Calum tells me.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

How do I not know what my own room looks like?

"Where's Luke?" I ask no one in particular.

Ashton, Calum and I look at Chelsea. She looks at Cal and Ash then locks eyes with me.

"I'm not sure." She says quietly, then looking down at her hands.

She's lying.

I stare at her a little longer, then head over to the bathroom.

"How long was I out?" I ask as I open the bathroom door.

"Just a few days." Calum answers nonchalantly.

I pop my head out the doorway with my mouth open.

"'Just a few days'??" I groan after I ask for clarification.

I swing around the corner and look at my face in the mirror. I can't speak. I can barely breathe. My right cheek is red and swollen. My left eye is black and blue- literally, and then my right eye is slightly swollen, turning out to be the same color as my left. That's when I realized how much pain I was actually in. I lick my lips and I feel my tongue graze over a crack- no - not a crack, it's a cut. My lip had a small bump where it was cut. Or just bust open.

I walk out of the bathroom and stare blankly at Ashton.

"What happened?" I asked, my breathing becoming shallow.

"What do you mean?" He asks, already knowing the answer.

I put my palm in front of my face and wave it all around my face, like I'm motioning 'this'.

"Oh... Ah... Well." Ashton starts, rubbing the back of his neck.

I stare down at them, all sitting on the floor in a loose circle with their legs crossed.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Ashton asks.

"Well...." I start. "I was trying to bring Chelsea home because she was drunk out of her mind, and her and Luke were about to go to a bed room, so I tried stopping them. Then I think Luke punched me and knocked me ou- wait... Did Luke do this to me?"

I think I just answered my own question.

"When he hit you, he may of... Kept going..." Ashton clarified.

"I'm gonna kill him." I grumble quietly.

"No need." Calum laughed.

I glare at him.

I look at Chelsea, for she hasn't spoken at all, which was odd.

"Chelsea." I say blankly.

Her eyes go up my body as she slowly meets my eyes.

"What happened after I was knocked out?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

Her face went slightly pale and she shrunk back like I was threatening to punch her face in.

"Nothing." She said, barely in a whisper.

I examine her face; she's lying again.

"Guys, give Chelsea and I some time alone please." I say calmly.

Cal and Ash give each other worried glances, then slowly stand up and shut the door behind them quietly.

I turn back to Chelsea and stay standing where I'm at. I cross my arms over my chest and ask again; "alright. Now that we're alone, are you willing to answer my questions?"

"I already did." She said with low confidence.

"I don't know why you keep trying to lie to me; I know when you're lying." I tell her, slightly scoffing at her for thinking I'm so stupid.

"Michael-"

"Don't speak unless you're going to tell the truth." I say as I put a hand up to her.

She looks at me with her mouth still open. She closes it and looks to the side, then down to her hands again.

"Alright." I shrug my shoulders. "I'll just talk to Luke." I say dimly.

Chelsea shoots up from her spot on the floor, and runs up to me and tugs on my arm.

"No Michael please don't!" She shouts as she tries dragging me back.

"Why not? You won't tell me anything." I say loudly, but not in a yell. I would never yell at her.

"He won't either." She shot back.

"You sure? I think he would. He would tell me - scratch that - brag to me bout what you guys could have possibly done. Jus to piss me off." I say, mainly thinking out loud to myself.

"Why would he care what you think?" She asked.

I paused as I almost answer her.

"Never mind." I say quickly.

I turn around swiftly, open the door, and head down the hall. I open the front door and walk outside quickly.

"Where you going?" Ashton asks from the door.

"I'll be back." I yell back reassuringly as I walk down the street towards Luke's house.

{ Hey guys I know it's been a long time. I think this chapter is weird because I didn't really know how to write it. So I hope you like it. And it's short... I just feel bad for not updating in so long!

I've been so busy and not motivated really. You know; no votes, and only like 2 reads. Not very motivating haha! But that's okay! (But an improvement on those things would be nice...)

I'll try to update this weekend, or maybe ON MICHAEL'S BIRTHDAY OOOMMGGGG HE'S TURNING 20 WHAT IS THIS?!

Vote, fav, and comment to keep the chapters coming, love you guys! xx }