Chapter two

The rest of the ceremony went by in a blur. The only this that surprised the Dauntless was when one of their own transferred out to Amity. When the last name was called, we all got up and ran out, no one looked back. I kept up with the others as we ran to the train track. The other transfers looked up at the structure that everyone was climbing and they looked like they were going vomit. I just smirked and began to ascend the beams.
You see, ever since I was little I loved to run and jump and work out. When I started to grow up, I took training seriously, and my mom knew I was going to leave when I could. She supported me. Anyway, this stuff was easy for me.
When we reached the top, I looked down and saw the Prior girl struggling and having a hard time, so I rolled my eyes, and just reached down, grabbed her hand and pulled her up. I didn't wait around to hear her thank me, I took of after the others and ran along the side of the train. I jumped up with ease and threw myself into the cart, landing on my feet. I looked around and saw one of my good friends Peter and walked up to him. He was a transfer except from Candor.
"Well look what the cat dragged in" I say coming up behind him.
"Speak of the devil and she shall appear." He replied with a smirk on his face.
I shoved him and he pulled me into a hug. You see, Peter and I have been friends since grade school. Eric, Peter and I were the three amigos.
"So you ready for this?" I asked
"We were practically made for this!" Peter laughed "I bet you're excited to see Eric again" with that smug look on his face.
"Jesus, you and my mother both."
All he did was laugh and wrap an arm around my shoulder.
As I looked out of the cart and saw that people were jumping out and onto a roof.
"Peter! People our jumping!" I chuckled at the expressions of the others of horror.
"Let's go then!" He screamed as he jumped out, me right on his tail.
He landed on his feet but tripped and fell on his face. I on the other hand, landed perfectly on my feet. One leg behind the other, and my hands stabling me.
"Jesus, you're such a show off."
I turned to look at Peter and laughed at his expression.
"Nice land initiate. I mean, I'm actually impressed a nose could pull that off."
I looked up and was met with the cold grey eyes that I hadn't seen in a year.
"Eric?" I breathed
"Lilian?" He looked shocked and he breathed out a sigh of relief.
"We'll talk about this later okay?" He said and didn't even give me a time to respond before he was at the front again.
"My name is Eric, and I'm one of your leaders."
By now everyone was gathered around him and one other man who just looked bored.
"You're first step as initiate is to jump off this roof. It's the only way into Dauntless."
Whispers started to be heard
"Are you crazy?! He can't be serious!"
"Does he want us to die?"
"What's at the bottom? Water or something?" I believe a Candor boy asked.
"I guess you'll have to jump to find out." Eric responded looking around. "Any volunteers? No?"
"Me" a voice said. Weird, it sounded like I had said it. Then I realized. I did say it.
Eric looked at me, smirk on his face and eyebrows raised.
"A nose first huh?"
I just turn to him and tried to hide my smirk. I stood up on the ledge and looked down at the giant hole. I turned around and took off my jacket.
"Yeah take it off!" I heard from the crowd, I'm pretty sure it was Peter. Just smiled and looked at Eric. He had an amused look on his face. I turned to him and winked before falling backwards into the abyss.