Chapter four

We just stared at each other. Neither one of us moved, waiting to see what the other did. Yet, it was like he could read my mind cause he started to speed walk to me and I met him halfway. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I threw mine around his neck. He buried his face in my hair, and I buried mine is his neck holding on for dear life. It felt amazing to be in his arms again and I didn't want to let go.

"God, I have missed you so much," I could hear him whisper in my ear.

"I miss you so much too Eric." I could feel his smile against my hair. He slightly pulled back looking at my face and staring into my eyes. I just stared back, looking him over. He was the same but different at the same time. He was taller, and had a ton more muscle on him. Not to mention he had tattoos everywhere, a piercing above his eyebrow. I just couldn't believe it was really him.

"Take a picture It'll last longer." He smirked when he noticed I was staring. I lightly blushed and looked away

"Sorry, you just look so different and not in a bad way. I still can't believe it's really you." By now I had walked to the couch and sat down.

"I could say the same about you too. Last time I saw you, you were a little shorter, less muscles and shorter hair. I can tell you still work out."

"You know it. Like that was ever going to change. You and I both know that. I actually started training more once you left." I smiled at him

He walked to the kitchen and grabbed two waters, handing one to me which I gladly accepted and I thanked him.

"Look at you with all those tattoos! And the piercing! So much different. Bet you still suck at fighting though." I smirked at him and waited for his response. It was an ongoing thing for us. I did it to get him going and then he'd prove me wrong every time.

"Please, I kicked your ass every time hun." he responded while shaking his head

"Bet you couldn't now." But I knew he could. He always would be able to.

"It's so on you little shit." and he charged at me as I ran around his apartment. I dodged him when he came too close to me giggling as I did so. I was doing well until I slipped and fell backwards and I squealed getting ready to hit the ground. Instead of the hard floor, I landed in a strong pair of arms. When I looked up Eric had me held close to him. Smiling and breathing a little heavily.

"Still a little clumsy I see" that stupid smirk was back

"I have no idea wh-" But before I could finish I was interrupted by a voice at the door

"Well what do we have here"

Eric and I both looked over to see Four in the doorway smirking at us. Eric and I quickly separated from each other and I tried not to blush.

"What are you doing here Four?" Eric asked with an annoyed look on his face.

"Is this her?" Four asked. Completely ignoring the question at hand

"Yes this is her," Eric responded rather quietly.

"Lily, It's so nice to finally met you and finally put a face to the name," Four put his hand out for me to shake and I did so. Wait, Eric talked about me? Oh my god, he was embarrassed. That's why he was so quiet!

"Nice to meet you too Four" I smiled at him.

There was just an awkward silence between the three of us.

"Is there something you needed Four?" Eric sounded a little tense but still had a smile on his face.

"I saw her leave and then you did a little bit after and when you didn't return back, I got worried and wanted to make sure everything was alright. She got up so suddenly."

"Oh, I'm fine. Just had to discuss something with Eric. A little catching up to do." I simply responded and just sent a sincere smile at him.

"Well, I'm glad you're here now. He hasn't shut up about you since he remembered you would be choosing this year. So excited, hoping you would pick Dauntless." if Four was trying to embarrass Eric, he was going a perfect job.

"Alright Four, time for you to leave."

"Nice to meet you Lily. See you in the morning!" Four left and Eric followed him out

"I'm sorry about that Lily." Eric looked back at me with those piercing grey eyes that I hadn't seen in so long.

"It's honestly alright, Eric" I just shrugged and smiled at him which he actually returned. "I should head out though. Peter's probably looking for me and I do have to get up early tomorrow."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll walk you back."

The walk back was made of small talk. Talking about what Peter and I did over the course of the year. How my mother was, all that.

"Well, here's my stop. Thank you for walking me back."

"Of course Lily. Just, tomorrow during training, if I'm rude and cruel it's just I have to. I can't treat you differently in front of the others. Just know that I don't mean the cruel things I say okay?"

"I understand Eric, no special treatment."

"Goodnight Lily,"

"Goodnight Eric,"