Chapter three

I was falling for what felt like minutes, when in reality it was less than 10 seconds. I was suddenly stopped when I hit something and I was sent flying back up in the air only to come back down. Turns out it was a net I had landed on. A hand was shoved in my face and I accepted it gratefully.
"What's your name? You can change it if you want but make it good. You won't be able to pick again."
"Lily," I replied
"First jumper, Lily! Welcome to Dauntless." He replied with a smile.
I was instructed to go stand with a women with black hair.
"Names Tori. I remember you from the test. Glad you could join us."
"Yeah me too!" I replied and we made small talk while everyone else jumped or was pushed.
Peter was next to jump right after me. Then the rest soon followed.
"Welcome to Dauntless, my names Four and this is Eric which, you have already met."
"Four like the number? Where numbers 1-3 taken?" I hear a candor girl snicker. I just shook my head. Was she stupid or something?
"Yes, like the number. Do you have a problem?" He stared her down, "What's your name?" he asked her, not looking away.

"Christina" She replied quietly,

"Let me give you some advice Christina, to survive you might want to keep your mouth shut. Do I make myself clear?"

The look of fear was suddenly etched onto her face. She swallowed and slowly nodded "Yes sir,"

Peter and I exchanged glances and slowly started to snicker quietly so we wouldn't be heard. Four may have looked like a sweet guy but my gut says I definitely do not want to be on his bad side.

"Good. Now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted,-"

I spaced out. My mind kept wandering to Eric, and how surprised he was to see me. He looked good, really good in fact. He still looked the same but a little bit colder. As I was in my own little world I could feel someones eyes on me. As I turned my head to the left I could see Eric staring at me. I just kept looking at him not daring to break eye contact. He looked at me blankly, his facial features showing nothing. Then, I could see a faint smile starting to appear and I smiled back. "Pay attention," He mouthed to me and I just stuck my tongue out at him and turned my attention back to Four.

"Dauntless born, you'll follow Tori and Lauren. I highly doubt you'll need a tour." and I could hear them snicker. "Transfers, follow Eric and I."

They started to lead us down a series of hallways,

"This is the training room, you'll be meeting here at 8 o'clock everyday for the first stage." Four said

"At the end of stage one, the ones who pass and make it to the next level will be moved to a different room," Eric said. Wait what?

"Wait, what do you mean pass?" a random voice sounded from the group.

"The initiates with the lowest scores will be cut at the end of stage one." Four replied with a bored expression

"Will be cut to do what?" the same voice said. What the hell do you think?

"Well there is no going home to your families. What do you think it means? You become factionless. It's not rocket science." I whispered to Peter. He just laughed and put his over his mouth trying to not be heard.

"You become factionless, your families won't take you back." Eric responded with a look of 'are you serious'

Everyone was quiet as we continued down the halls. We arrived at the pit, where everything happens at Dauntless. It's where you eat, shop, hang out, get tattoos, ext. None of us had spoken a word until we reach the sleeping quarters.

"This is where you'll be sleeping." Four explained as he walked into a room with 30 beds around the room.

"Boys or girls?" Peter had asked

"Both"

After that there we hoots and hollers from most of the guys while the girls looked like they were about to pass out.

"If you like this wait till you see the bathrooms." Four responded with a smug look on his face.

The bathroom was open. Showers, toilets, sinks, everything. Not curtains, no stalls, just there. I didn't really care. I was here to rank the best, the sleeping and bathing situation would not set me back.

"Pick a bed and change into your new clothes. Throw your old ones into the fire before heading down to the pit for dinner. Oh and get some sleep, you'll need it for tomorrow." Right after Eric had finished he and Four walked out and went off somewhere.

After they had left Peter and I chose beds next to each other, mine next to the wall and his on my left. As we were changing and after he made sexual innuendos to the stiff he turned me and smirk.

"What?" I looked at him, did I have something on my face?

"Oh nothing, just saw how Eric couldn't stop looking at you is all" by now it was just me, him and a few others in the room, but they were already heading to the door.

"I have no idea what you are talking about Peter." I tried to hide the smile and blush on my face While pulling on my tight black skinny jeans, combat boots and loong sleeve black shirt. But nothing slips past him

"Uh huh. Bullshit. I saw the looks. You can not tell me you still don't have feelings for him." I did not want to tell him this but he was right. I did have feelings for him, even back in Erudite.

"Will shut up about that?" I hiss at him. Last thing I need is someone overhearing this and get the wrong idea.

"Hmm, nope. Not happening, but I won't say anything to anyone else though." Gee thanks Peter.

We headed to the pit throwing our clothes into the fire as we passed it. I stared as my dark blue clothes burned to ashes. It was weird but I was not going to dwell on the past. Dauntless is where I am now.

Making it to the pit and grabbing some food, Peter and I walked over to the only table that had any open seats. Which happened to be next to Four. I took a seat and Peter sat across from me only making small talk here and there. Then, we heard Four whisper "What makes you think you have the right to talk to me?"

At first I was confused cause Peter and I hadn't said a word to him. That's when I noticed the girl on the other side of him was asking so many questions. Jesus Christ, do people want him pissed off? I kind of just turned away while Peter watched. He loved drama and lived off it. I shook my head and looked up and the leader table. I saw Eric sitting at the end and he must have felt my eyes cause he turned and saw me looking. He made a small nod towards the door, and I just simply nodded back. I told Peter I would be back later and he noticed Eric's eyes and smirked.

"Don't do anything too crazy Lily."

I just ignored him and headed towards the door. Less than a minute later Eric was walking out and just kept walking, but motioning with his hand for me to follow. I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything at all.

After walking for a few minutes and going up some stairs we appeared at a black door with the number 5 on it. It was at the end of the hallway and I saw him take out a set of keys. Wait, was he taking me to his place?

When he opened the door, he held it open for me so I went first. I walked in and examined the room. Black walls all around except one wall was covered in floor to ceiling windows. I noticed in the corner there was an open door. Inside I could see a big four poster bed, black sheets and pillows. Next to it a door, must be the bathroom and then the closet. The living room had a black couch and next to it was a huge bookshelf. Even Dauntless Eric liked to read. My fingers scanned the books and read the titles, that's when I heard the door close.

I turned around and I saw him standing a little ways away from me, until he walked forward.

"Lily," it was almost like a whisper, like he still couldn't believe it was me. My skin got goosebumps and all tingly. I just wanted to run up to him and hug him but I didn't know how he'd react. He used to love hugs a year ago but things can change in a year.

"Eric," I breathed out. Not knowing what to do or what to say.