Chapter 38

Megan Watson's POV

"So... you're nervous about going on another date with Harry... so you're calling me?" Niall speaks into the phone, sounding surprised.

"I've no one else to talk to," I mumble, "Well, except my mum, but... that's sorta awkward, so..."

"Oh... okay. And, uh, this isn't?" He chuckles into the phone, "I mean... I'm a guy... I don't really know what to say to you. Don't you, like, have a girl frien- a friend that's a girl, to talk to?"

I sigh, remembering something I had forgotten about for most of the time since I befriended One Direction, "My best friend is in Florida. She's been there for over three months."

"Oh..." He says, "And... is she coming back?"

"I think she'll be back soon. To be honest, with all that's been going on, I sorta... forgot about her, for most of the time. I mean, obviously I'd think about her every odd time but..." I say.

"I understand. I have to go, Megan, but I'll talk to you soon. See you, and..." I hear him sigh quietly, "Good luck on your date."

"Thanks, Niall," I mumble, "See you."

"Bye," he says quietly before hanging up.

I get up, walking back over to the mirror in the hotel room for the thousandth time since Harry left to go to his house to get ready for the date, and inspecting how I look.

I admit I look decent... but nothing much more than that. Wearing a simple white dress with a small white bow around the middle, the dress itself ending above my knee, my brown hair curled, not majorly, but enough that makes quite a difference in the length of my hair, and simple enough makeup, nothing that special.

And now I feel extremely bad... forgetting about your best friend for most of the time for three months... that's not exactly a good friend. But then again I never thought of myself as a good friend. Or good at anything. And that makes me wonder why on earth Harry Styles would take an interest in me, why he would pick me out of the crowd of much prettier and nicer girls in the crowd of that concert... Why he even took a second glance at me.

A knock at the door interrupts me from my thoughts and my heart beat increases pace drastically, knowing it will be Harry at the door.

He previously told me the date would be dinner at a restaurant, so I an excited for that, but what overtakes the feeling of excitement by a lot is the feeling of nervousness.

Why am I still so nervous? We've been going out for a month and a half now... We've already been on a date... There is nothing to be nervous about... So why am I?

I take a deep breath, reminding me of what I did before opening the door to him on our first date. I open the door to him, like the last time, to see him in a black suit, with a matching black bowtie, looking absolutely flawless, with a rose in his hand.

"A rose?" I ask, raising an eyebrow with a smirk, "Cheesy."

"I'm a cheesy guy." He returns the smirk and hands me the rose.

"Why don't you wear this all the time?" I laugh lightly, taking the rose and gesturing towards his outfit.

"Well, I could... if you wore nothing all the time."

"You are seriously really perverted," I remark, letting out a small laugh.

"What can I say? Do we have a deal, Miss Watson?"

"Nope. We don't, Mr. Styles," I smirk, stepping out into the corridor and closing the hotel room behind me.

"Worth the try," he mumbles, laughing lightly.