Chapter 65

Megan Watson's POV

In the course of the next month and a half, I make a few visits to Niall and my family, while other weekends are spent at college with Ari, the highlight of the weekend most likely being a FaceTime with Niall.

Before I know it, though, it's already past the half-way point in December, and I have a three week break from college, for Christmas.

The drop in temperature seems to be at it's highest point currently, but yet it isn't snowy, which I am honestly quite grateful for, seeing as I don't really like snowy conditions.

Sitting on my bed as I look into space, a feeling of excitement runs through me at the fact that I have a break from college and will be able to spend time with Niall and my family - as well as excitement for the fact that it is almost Christmas, which has always been one of my favourite holidays.

The sound of my phone ringing snaps me out of my train of thought and I look over to it and look at the Caller ID, to see it is Niall. With a smile, I pick it up and press it to my ear.

"Hello?" I say into the phone, the smile staying on my lips.

"Hey, Meg," Niall's voice says from the other line, and the sound of his voice makes me smile wider. "I'm just about to arrive. So, you can, y'know.. start coming out or whatever."

I let out the smallest of a laugh and say back to him, "Okay. See you in a sec."

"A'right, see ya," he says before hanging up. I let out a small sigh of content, feeling really happy about having a proper break from college. I get my bag and take it in my hands, making my way to the door, seeing as Ari had already left an hour or so before.

After going through the building until I reach the entrance, I step outside into the cold winter air, the cold instantly hitting the unclothed parts of my body. I shiver slightly and my eyes travel on the people outside until I see Niall, and instantly smile. Although I would've liked to run over to him, I am unable to because my bag is too heavy to allow me to do that.

He laughs as I near him at how I'm struggling with the bag and I let out a laugh too, before when I reach him I drop the bag and wrap my arms around him.

He nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck, his arms around my waist as he starts to sway us from side to side slightly as I shut my eyes tightly, a smile on my face as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I missed you," he mumbles into my neck, as we continue to hug each other, and I feel so comfortable and safe in his arms that I almost wish I could stay like this forever.

"I missed you more," I say, the smile staying on my face as I pull away from the hug, biting my lip as I look up at him.

"Not possible, Meg," he says with the smallest of a chuckle, before he slowly leans in until his lips are touching mine. The kiss is quite short, but that doesn't stop the butterflies that almost immediately arise in the pit of my stomach. Smiling, he pulls away from the kiss before pecking my nose, which causes me to giggle quietly. I pick up my bag and he wraps an arm around me, before insisting me to let him carry my stuff. After finally giving in, I say a small, "thank you" and we walk to his car.

Once he has put my stuff in the boot of the car, we get inside it and Niall turns on the engine. He starts to drive and I notice him glance at me from the corner of my eye, so I look to him and his body language makes it obvious he wants to say something, so I watch him, knowing he's about to say it.