Chapter 43

Megan Watson's POV

I stand up also, but behind Niall slightly, looking at what Harry has thrown onto the table, shock taking over my body.

On the front of the magazine, reads the words 'Megan cheating on Harry.. and with Niall?!'

I look at the picture beside to see a picture of a girl that looks so like me it's scary, pushed against a wall with her lips against a blonde haired boy's that looks strangely like Niall. Is that supposed to be us?

"That never happened. That isn't us," Niall says to Harry firmly, looking up from the magazine.

"That isn't fucking us?! Are you serious?! I'm not stupid, Niall!" Harry shouts.

"It isn't us!" I shout, more confidently then I feel, speaking for the first time since Harry pushed me, "You seriously believe that that's us?!"

"Well, there's sort of a picture, Megan! We go out for nearly four months, and you fucking cheat on me!" He shouts at me, and I try not to start crying.

"Th- they can edit photos! Why would you ever believe that?!" I shout, "don't you trust us?!"

He says nothing for a while, before muttering, "You swear it's not you."

"I- I swear it's not me, or Niall! That's not us! I promise."

"Tell me something, then," he says gruffly, "answer this completely honestly."

I nod slowly.

"Do you have feelings for Niall?" He asks lowly.

I pause, for some reason, unable to reply. Why wasn't I replying? I didn't have feelings for Niall..

"Answer me." He snaps, "Do you have feelings for Niall."

Niall looks over at me, his lips in a tight line, his eyes locking with mine, big and curious, but also pitiful.

"I..." I am at a loss for words, looking away from Niall. Why couldn't I just say I didn't have feelings for him? Why was it so hard for me to say it, even though I'm sure I don't?

"Yeah," Harry mutters, "that's what I thought." He then storms out of the room, opening the front door quickly as I run after him, calling desperately, "Harry, wait!"

But he doesn't turn back, he just continues walking away, as I stand at in the doorway, unable to keep in my tears anymore, continuing to call his name, but feeling too weak to chase after him. He wouldn't stop anyway...

"Megan," Niall says from behind me, and I spin around to face him.

I glare at him, "Don't talk to me! This is all your fault! I -"

"Megan, please," he says quietly.

"No! I - I hate you! Okay?! Go away! I don't want to talk to you anymore, Niall! I hate you!" I shout at him, and a look of pure sadness comes onto his face, as he looks me right in the eye.

"Okay." He murmurs, and a shine in his eye tells me there are tears in his eyes, but I convince myself that it is just the lighting, that he wouldn't possibly be crying.

I run up the stairs, and into my bedroom, locking the door before collapsing onto my bed and crying harder than I have in a long time.

Many questions swirl around in my head.

Is Harry going to break up with me?

Why didn't I just tell him that I don't have feelings for Niall?