Chapter 56

Megan Watson's POV 

I walk through corridors, have been trying for ages to find my room. Another few turns and trips up stairs, I've finally found my room. I let go of my stuff, opening the door, before putting my key back in my pocket and dragging everything into the room. I look around, to find two beds on each side of the room, one with luggage already beside it. I walk over to the other bed, placing my stuff beside it and falling down onto it, almost immediately starting to cry when I think of Niall.

I won't see any of my family, or friends for months and yet the only person I'm crying about because I won't get to see them is Niall. I'm so weird.

I don't notice anyone come into the room, so when a voice speaks, I jump.

"Are you okay?"

I snap my head in the direction of the voice, my crying having immediately stopped in shock. I look at the speaker to find a girl with long, strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes looking at me worriedly.

I nod, breathing out a shaky breath, "I'm f-fine. I just miss my friend."

"Aw," she looks at me understandingly, sitting down on her bed, "I know how you feel. But it's fine, you'll see her in a few months."

"It's a h-him," I say, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh," she says, the smallest of a smirk finding it's way onto her lips, "Your boyfriend.."

"No. My friend," I correct her.

"Is he your best friend?"

"Not r-really..?" I say uncertainly.

"Then why are you crying over him?" She asks, "Do you like him?"

"What?" I ask, "Um. N-no, I... I dunno."

"Aw. What's his name?" She asks with a smile.

"Niall," I answer.

She nods, before realisation flashes across her eyes and she looks at me carefully, "What's your name?"

"Megan," I reply, my eyebrows furrowing.

Her eyes widen slightly, "Are you Megan Watson?"

I nod, "Yeah."

Her mouth drops open, "So you're talking about Niall Horan!"

"Uh, y-yeah.." I say, biting my lip.

"So it's true!" She exclaims, "There is something going on between you two!"

"What's true? What's 'it'?!" I ask urgently.

"You two have been seen together, like, all the time for the past.. months! I mean, I'm not even much of a fan of One Direction, but like, pictures of you two are everywhere. It's annoying. 'Megan and Niall seen together', 'Megan and Niall seen together again', 'Megan and Niall seen together yet again'." She shakes her head. "Then there's some stuff about you kissing or something. And that you apparently cheated on Harry with him? Or was it that Harry cheated on you? Or both? God, I don't even know anymore."

"I - I didn't realise people talked about us that much," I mumble quietly.

"Well, he is Niall Horan." She says. "And then there's the fanfiction."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask confusedly.

"Fanfiction. Of you two."

I choke on my own spit. "What?!"

"Yup." She laughs lightly, "Graphical fanfiction, might I add."

"That's sick," I say with a small laugh.