Chapter One

[This is a sequel to Fangirl, I highly recommend reading it before you continue. You can find it on my account.]

It's New Years. A new year, fresh start. So much of a fresh start that I'm moving to Australia. Ashton's mother is letting me stay with them until I get enough money and find a place, bless her heart.

Michael is now openly dating the Barbie girl. Her name is Ally, and she's so fake that my eyes hurt whenever I see her. It's been kind of hard getting over Michael, but I'm working on it. I've actually met a really nice guy who's a friend of Ashton, his name is Matthew. We all hang out together and he's been really nice to me so far.

But dating isn't really high on my priority list after what happened. You don't just openly trust somebody after someone else betrayed you so quickly. Right now, I was focused on moving.

"That's the last of it." Ashton sighed.

"I'm not going to miss this place." I laughed.

"Me either, because we're going to find you an amazing house down at home. Although it's going to suck because we're going on tour soon." He sighed.

"Anne will keep me company." I smiled. "And your sister and brother."

"Yeah, my sister absolutely adores you." He giggled.

"It's nice to be with somebody who's basically family, you know, considering mine moved away." I sighed.

"Sorry about that. But hey, you're moving to Australia! It won't even be hard, you've already adapted to the area, and made a YouTube career out of yourself." He said, nudging me on the arm.

I rolled my eyes. I had made a YouTube video of me obsessing over 5SOS last year and forgot about it, and last week it got tweeted to me and I realized it had a million views. Since then I made another video with Ashton, and it sparked up news articles, and has over 100,000 views. It's literally only because it's Ashton, though. People have already gotten a ship name.

"Alright, well. Let's get on a plane!" Ashton laughed.

"Yep." I sighed.

My phone rang, and I stepped outside and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Eli. We need to talk." A familiar voice- a voice that hurt to talk to, said.

"Michael." I sighed.

"Eli, please. I need somebody right now, and I know I treated you like crap-"

"Michael. I can't talk right now. I'll miss my flight. Goodbye." I blurted.

"Eli, please-" He tried, but I cut him off by hanging up.

"Who was is?" Ashton asked, stepping out and walking me down to the Uber.

"Nobody important."

But he was important. So very, very important.

The ride to the airport was silent, with us both having our headphones in and listening to our music.

"@Michael5SOS: why did I let you go"

"@Michael5SOS: who am i...."

I don't know who Michael is anymore, and I guess he doesn't either. I turned off notifications from him, and logged out.

"We're here." Ashton said, poking my arm.

"Let's go." I said, as I nervously smiled.

As we boarded the plane, I couldn't stop thinking about Michael. I, once again, pushed all my feelings to the back of my brain and I didn't want them escaping. But a very long airplane ride leaves me alone with only my phone, music, and my thoughts.