Chapter Twenty Five

a/n: turns out some of you guys don't remember what has happened in the past since it's been so long.. it's kinda long to explain so I would just recommend going back and re-reading some of the chapters at the beginning of this book, and maybe the last few ones of the 1st book in this series. Im sorry you guys don't remember! It's my fault. anyways, on with the story.

I wandered around town aimlessly. I was numb, but at the same time my mind was like a battlefield. It's like a big scribble. I can't focus on any one thing, it's just a thousand words going in and out of my thoughts.

I'm sure I looked like I'd been living on the street. My shirt has holes everywhere and my hair is ratty. I'm a mess. 

My phone kept going off in my pocket, I was ready to smash it. I didn't want to pick up to turn it off, because I know I'd click on the notifications.

I focused on the sky. It was dark. It almost seemed like the environment was mirroring my mind. How could he do this to me again? I thought for sure he'd be over it. It's been months. I've never been addicted to something, so I don't know how easy it is to give in.

I guess that was a lie. I was addicted to him.

His smile.

His voice.

His eyes.

His smell.

The way his nose crinkles when he laughs.

The pouting face he makes when he gets upset with me.

Everything about him. I couldn't get enough. 

I can't believe this is happening. I was in a trance, just walking around with no destination. I must've crossed the street a billion times.

I have no idea where I'm at. I walked down a dark sidewalk and felt so unsafe. I crossed the road to sit on a bench of a bus stop.

I'm becoming weak. Exhausted physically, and mentally. Everything. I can't take it. It's not safe for me to be out here.

I need to go back home. I spaced out so much, I don't even know where home is.

Well, I do.

Home is where Michael is.

This is tearing me apart.

I dug my phone out of my pocket, ignoring all of the notifications I got and called Matthew. He's the only person I trust right now.

"Eli, thank God. Where are you?! You've been gone for hours!" He answered.

"I don't know where I am. I need you to come get me and take me home." I said, emotionless.

He's cheating on you.

"Can you read a street sign? Or open your maps up, just send me your location through text okay? I'll come pick you up. Just stay put." He said.

"Okay." I hung up, and texted him the picture of my map on my phone.

You're worthless.

I looked up at the sky, which was filled with rain clouds and ready to storm. I saw lightening in the distance.

I listened to the faint noise of cars running, slight chatter and music from restaurants coming from the town. I saw couples walking on the sidewalk, laughing.