Chapter Ten

[ok hello just a quick very short rant; I hate immature ppl like I'm immature  but not like 9 year old HAHAHAHAH butts HHAHAHAHAHA  immature u feel me so like if you lil annoying weasel (u kno who u r) could stop commenting on my books about very stupid things that'd be gr8, not tryna be rude and sound cocky but I'd rather you my read my book if you're just going to act like a 7 year old in the comments ok bye] EDIT LIKE A YEAR LATER: this wasn't about any of you guys who make funny comments! i love those , this was about somebody who was just harassing people in the comments and being v inappropriate. not like funny jokes inappropriate, like, weird. okay anyways this was forever ago and the issue was solved. IM SORRY I MADE U ALL SAD ILY!

"Michael, dangit, where are my keys?!" I yelled, searching through all of my drawers and bags.

"Oh, yeah, about that..." He said, and I looked at him in the doorway with a glare.

"Michael Gordon Clifford, what did you do? Please tell me you didn't drop them in maple syrup again." I whined. "Today is my first day of work."

"Oh, I don't have them. I think I saw them in the driveway though, I think you dropped them and the neighbor dog got them." He said.

"How does that even happen." I groaned, walking towards the door. "I swear, if it's covered in slobber I'm going to-"

As I opened the door, I saw a truck sitting in the driveway- similar to the one Michael had in America when we met.

"Michael." I said.

"Eli." He smiled.

"What is that." I pointed at the truck.

"Your new Gordon-Mobile." He smiled.

"I'm going to kill you!" I yelled, hugging him the tightest I could.

"But you love me!" He laughed.

"I'm so in debt to you now!" I sighed. "People are going to think I'm a gold digger."

"You're not. Everything I buy you, you have literally tried to return at least ten times."

"Yeah, but you always catch me when I'm trying to put the money back on your card." I rolled my eyes.

"Go on, here's your keys. The key to it has green painted on it. Go to work." He smiled.

"I love you. Thank you. I'll pay-"

"You won't." He laughed. "I love you too. And think of it as a going away present, we leave next week. Plus, an early birthday gift because your birthday is coming up too."

"Yeah, in like a lot of weeks." I rolled my eyes.

"Learn grammar. Go to work, bye." He laughed, and I ran to the truck.

It was literally almost exactly like Michael's- but it was nicer. Polished up, whereas his looked a bit rusty and junky- but that's what I loved about it. I wonder how much this cost... And now I need insurance- wow what is adult life?

Before I knew it I was at the restaurant. Not much happened, it's literally the easiest job- all you do is seat the people. It wasn't too busy until right before my shift ended, of course.

I seated one last group and then clocked out, grabbing my coat before the manager, Josh, confronted me.

"Hey, uh, I'm running low on waiters. Can you stay overtime for maybe two more hours to wait on people?" He asked.

"Uh, I have something tonight..." I said.

"Okay, great. Get to work." He said, throwing me an apron.