Chapter Twenty Three

A quick recap, since it's been awhile.

"He's so jealous." Matt laughed.

"Yeah. We got into a fight in the middle of the night about it." I sighed.

"About me?"

"No, about being jealous and stuff. It doesn't matter, I'm dumb. I can't let him slip away again..." I sighed.

"Eli-"

"I'm going to take a nap." I said, walking in my room and shutting the door. I lied down and played some songs that Michael had sung for me, and I recorded with my phone, and fell asleep to it.

---

I woke up from my nap, and was currently eating pasta while watching TV with Matthew.

"I feel so off. Like something isn't right." I said.

"Well, one thing that isn't right is that you're eating pasta and you didn't offer me any. That's literally an entire pot, you know?" Matt said.

"Shove off." I rolled my eyes. "If you want some, get it."

"You know what? Let's go to the mall."

"It's 7pm." I said.

"So? Let's go. I know you want hot topic."

"Be ready in 5." I said, going to my room.

I put on a white t-shirt, a red flannel over it, denim shorts and some converse. I threw my hair into a very poor ponytail, and I was ready. I grabbed my phone on the way out, aswell as my purse.

"I try to be edgy." I said to Matthew.

"Let's go." He rolled his eyes.

---

When we got into the mall, we browsed around and grabbed some food. Then we went to the holy grail of emotional fan girls- hot topic.

"POKEMON." I said. "I actually have money to waste so I'm going to do it."

I picked up a pikachu beanie, for Michael. And then I grabbed a 5sos shirt with Michael on it. Yeah, I'm gonna wear my boyfriends face, so what?

"I'm getting this." Matt says, holding up a TARDIS shirt.

"Good." I said. "Good investment."

We checked out, and when we stepped out of the store, a girl came up to me.

"Eli? As in Michael's girlfriend Eli?" She said. She had a shaved head, barely any hair- but the hair she had was dyed pink. Gauges so big I could stick my thumb in, and she was wearing a plaid dress.

I recognize her. From Twitter. She's one of my biggest haters.

"No, you have the wrong girl." I said, walking off.

"Oh? So you're not Michael's girlfriend?" She said.

"No, I'm not Michael's girlfriend." I said, and took Matthew by the wrist and we walked out of the doors to the car.

"Was that Hater Tater?" Matt asked, getting into the car.

Her real name is Penny, we just made up a goofy name for her. It's pretty funny.

"Yeah, I can't believe I ran into her. She literally runs a blog dedicated to how horrible I am." I said.

"What a life."

---

It was now 11pm, I was about to go to bed, and Michael called.

"Look online. Now." Michael snapped.

"Well hello to you too." I said.

"I'm serious, Eli."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Go look at what's trending right now on YouTube."

"Uh, okay?" I said, getting my laptop out.

#1 trending video right now is titled, "ELI AND MICHAEL OFFICIALLY OVER - ELI'S NEW BOY TOY?"

"Oh God. Listen, I ran into Hater Tater today and I told her I wasn't me. What can this even be about, we barely talked." I sighed.

"Watch the video."

I pushed play.

"Eli! How are things with you and Michael?!" Penny said.

"Okay, first off she didn't even say this."

"I'm not Michael's girlfriend." Eli said.

"Eli then walked away with her new boyfriend in hand. What will Michael say about this?"

"Wow, that's some cold hard proof right there." I scoffed.

"It's dumb, I know it is. But it's happening." He said.

"I'll make a Twitter video. I'm going to bed, after,though. So goodnight, I love you." I said.

We hung up, and I brought up Twitter.

"Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that that video going around is HIGHLY edited, I told her I wasn't Eli- me- because Penny is one of my highest haters. She constantly harasses me and the boys, even though she acts like she loves them so much. The boy with me is my roommate and best friend, Matthew. Michael and I are still very much together, and doing great." I said, video taping, and tweeted it.

I changed into my sweatpants and hoodie, and fell into my bed.

Things can't ever be simple, can they?

"@Michael5SOS: i m sioru. I gavr in."

"I can't even read that, Michael." I said to myself, gave up, and fell asleep.

---

a/n:

IM SORRY THIS WAS VERY SHORT BUT I HAVE AN IDEA LETS SEE IF I GO THROIHH WITH IT. THANKS GUYS FOR YOURE SUPPORT :)

OK BYE THANK U SO MUCH