Chapter Thirteen

A long week later and I was finally completely moved into my new apartment- Anne had finally come back home and she actually helped me move my stuff over aswell as Matt. It was lonely, after being so used to all the boys.

Sadly, Michael hadn't FaceTimed me this entire time, all I got was a text saying "love you".  I get really panicky, not because I don't trust Michael but because I know when he goes on the road he's more vulnerable to mean comments and tempted to drink. What made me a little angry is Luke was drunk off his hind end in front of Michael last night, so I'm afraid Michael gave in.

It's not like alcohol is poison after one sip, it's he was addicted to it- in such a short amount of time. And he can do it again with a blink of an eye.

I am currently watching TV, trying to get Michael to answer his phone. He won't.

"Jerk." I sighed.

I called him one more time, and he finally answered.

"Babe, are you okay?" He answered, in a panicked, out of breath tone.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but we just finished a show and I come back to missed calls and texts, I got worried."

"I was worried about you. But no, I'm fine. Sorry for being annoying." I sighed.

"Baby, you're not annoying. I love you."

"I hate you." I smiled, butterflies in my stomach.

"Meanie. I'll call you tonight, okay? I promise. I know I haven't been keeping in touch but I'm trying my best. We'll talk more later."

"Okay. I love you, bye." I said, and we hung up.

I sighed, watching the rain hit the window before directing my attention to a movie on TV, getting nice and comfortable just in time for someone to knock on my door.

"I'm coming, chill!" I yelled as the knocks got louder.

I opened the door to Matt, who was soaked by the rain since my new home had nothing to sit under to shield from it.

"Come in, woah." I said, opening the door wider and he stepped in, on the welcome mat.

"Let me get you a towel." I said, walking to the closet. He was seriously drenched- like he just jumped in a pool fully clothed. That's not an exaggeration.

I brought him a towel, and he mumbled a "thanks".

"What's wrong?" I said, noticing his eyes were puffy.

"I didn't tell you before, but I had a girlfriend. I loved her so much, Eli." He said, his voice breaking.

"Matt, sit down. What's wrong?"

"I walked into her house to surprise her, I was literally going to take her on a cruise that I have saved up money for since the day I turned 18 and we got together. That's 4 years. I walked in and she... She was kissing another guy, someone she works with that she swore was just her boss." He said, tears rolling down his face.

"Matthew." I sighed, hugging him, ignoring his wet clothes.

"I cried out at her, and she screamed at me, telling me I was cheating on her with you." He said, hugging me tight.

"I know how this feels. My entire world shattered when Michael was with Ally, and I crashed even harder when he ignored me and did all those horrible things." I frowned.

"I know, I know. And this is tiny compared to that. You have went through so much worse, I feel horrible for complaining to you but you're the only one I trust enough to talk to right now. Every other friend I have would just think I should chug some beers to help me, when in the long run it ruins me." He sighed, pulling away from our hug.