Chapter Fifteen

I fell asleep in the tour bus last night, as I was watching tv with Michael. I woke up to Ashton giggling like an idiot.

"Who is that?" I asked Michael- there was another girl on the bus, with Ashton.

"That's Audrey, Ashton's girlfriend." He said.

"He has a girlfriend now?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's had her for awhile."

"He never told me about it." I sighed. "He never even texts me anymore."

"Is someone... Jealous?" He asked, scooting closer to me.

"Well, it kind of sucks when your best friends and boyfriend up and leave thousands of miles away and don't talk to you." I frowned. "Ashton's the only one who kept me going all that time. It's kind of saddening that he hasn't even said two words to me since I've been here."

"Eli, he's just caught up with her. I'm sure they'll be over with soon. Besides, didn't you want him to get over you?"

"Of course, just not over friendship." I sighed.

"Eli." He pouted. "Stop being sad."

"Sorry."

He got up and left the room to go to the fridge, and brought me back something.

"Fudgesicle!" He smiled, and I grabbed it and unwrapped it faster than sonic the hedgehog.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Michael said, and I looked at him funny.

"I was talking to the fudgesicle."

We laughed, and Ashton looked at me.

"Hi." I said, and he turned his head and ignored me. "I SAID HI!"

"Hi." He said, in a mean voice.

"Donkey face." I said under my breath.

"Eli!" Michael laughed.

"Are we stopped? Can we go somewhere far away from him?" I asked.

"Yes." Michael chuckled. "Get dressed, we can go to the mall. I want to dye my hair again."

"Can I pick a color?" I said, smiling.

"Sure." He smiled, and I went to the small bathroom and changed into Michael's flannel, black jean shorts and converse.

"Can I braid your hair?" Michael asked.

"Uh... Sure?" I said, laughing.

I sat on his lap as he fiddled with my hair, and when I looked in the mirror I almost screamed.

"How the heck?" I asked.

He had somehow done a... French braid/fish tale/mermaid I-don't-even-know-what hairstyle. Whatever it was it looked perfect.

"I watched a lot of tutorials. I thought you would be so beautiful with it. Oh! I almost forgot!" He smiled, and grabbed something from the other room.

"What is that?" I asked.

"A flower pin." He said, putting it in my hair.