Chapter Twenty Nine

This chapter is once again, written in Michael's point of view. Be kind.

"What are we gonna do with our bags while we wait?" Ashton asked.

"We're sitting. In a waiting room. Just keep them here for now." I said.

I was crying my eyes out, I could barely breathe. I can't think about it. I can't think about anything. I'm just... numb. We were waiting to hear something about Eli. I was just blankly staring at the wall.

"There isn't a way she could've survived that. But I cannot grasp onto any fact that she's gone. I can't accept that. She's 20, she barely lived her life. People can't just go like that!" I said. "Except they can. Babies die everyday. What am I thinking? She's gone. What am I going to do? I can't live without her. "

"Michael!"

"She's all I have. I mean, she's all I care about. Sure I love the band but... if she's gone, I'm done. I can't go on like that. " I continued.

"Michael!"

"What am I saying? I can't go on? She's the one who probably got crushed- oh God, I can't think about that. I can't think about her in pain. I can't think about what happened, I-"

"MICHAEL. She's alive!" Ashton screamed at me.

"What?" I turned to him.

"Her Doctor just told me she's alive. He wouldn't say anything else because her parents aren't here yet." He said.

"Ashton! Oh my God, is Eli okay?!" Matt barged in.

"We don't know yet. They just told us she's alive, but they're waiting for her parents to get here before they tell us anything else."

"Well that's gonna be kinda difficult." Matt sighed.

"Because we're in Australia?" Ashton said.

"Yeah, that." Matt said, and sat down in the chair next to me. "Hey, Eli is gonna be okay. I know it. She's strong, she's made it this far-"

"Her truck was smashed between a semi and a gaurdrail. With no room for her to have been in the drivers seat. Completely crushed. The only way she is relatively okay is if God himself descended his hands around her like a safety bubble." I said.

My world is crashing down. But I feel guilty for even saying that, because Eli is worse. God, if I wouldn't have asked her to pick me up, this never would've happened.

It's my fault. It's my fault. It's my fault.

"Michael?" Matt said.

"Hey, Mike, calm down. It's okay. You're fine, we're fine. Everything is going to be okay, I promise." Ashton said, rubbing my shoulder. "Listen, we're all scared here. But we have to stay strong, for her. Most importantly we have to have faith that she will survive and be okay. We don't know what her truck looked like before they got her out, okay? So maybe they, crushed it on purpose or something."

"That doesn't make sense, twat." I said.

"Michael." He growled.