Creativity taken to ridiculous extremes

When I opened my eyes again, I felt refreshed. Sure I still felt the dull throbbing of my newly acquired burn, but I was refreshed, and that was the only thing that mattered...

Okay, I lied.

What mattered to me right now was to find a way to get out of this weird place. And not worry about some figment of my imagination that is nowhere to be seen right now... Speaking of him, I haven't seen him at all since I woke up, which placed me in a rather good mood.

Thus my determination on figuring out where I needed to currently be; somewhere that was not in the very large radius of a man who, refused to give me his name, loves to tase people, and seems attached to his power authority like a hen to her chicks.

I paused in my thoughts, blinking. "That really gives off a creepy picture..."

Shaking my head, whilst shivering in goosebumps, I re-focused on my task. Glancing around, I took note of the ways a captive person could handle a situation. The bed sheet looked tempting in throwing out the window and climbing down, but the material was much too fragile. "It'd rip before I even reach the ground,"

I doubted that a wardrobe of random presence would do much, since it smash to pieces at point zero. I doubted such a plain thing could be a secret gateway to some randomly picked location... It wasn't even nailed to the wall!

My only option, after a inner debate on calling for the cleaner and making a break out the door, was the window. This is also because I came to the conclusion that flooding the en suite and my, temporary, room, would be a bad idea.

The window, after confirming my current position and enjoying a breath of fresh air, was situated on the fifth level of the entire seven-story estate. Seven stories is quite a lot in my opinion, but that was a matter to gape at another time. For now, I was planning on making a suicidal jump out there with the odds stacked against me. And for me to do such a thing... I actually don't know what had gotten into me...

Taking a deep breath, I let it out. "Okay, that's enough about questioning my sanity, I need to start moving,"

Making sure that I was somewhat mentally prepared, I climbed the window and managed on getting on to the other side. The breeze was cool, but chilly, as I looked towards the ground. I was starting to have second thoughts on whether I would make it there in one piece, or become mangled while doing so.

"Come on, Youroi, it's either this or being burnt by some half dragged smoke," I shook my head, a mental image of my family surfaced. I swallowed a clog in my throat, while my nose had become prickly. "it's for them, getting out of this hellhole is for them,"

My eyes scanned the bottom, and I spotted a tree. It wasn't so far off from where I was, and it looked to be big enough to hold my weight when I land on it... "That looks to be my only choice I've got..."

Taking a in a deep breath, I jumped off of the sill, fear clinging onto me as the wind whipped past me. My eyes squinted, focusing on the enlarging object coming up fast. I let a quiet mutter of a random prayer go past my lips, and fixed my position in order to catch a limb of the tree. The fall soon came to an abrupt halt, allowing my hazed mind to catch up, while I clung to the branch for dear life. A couple of seconds later my senses decided to tag along, bringing to my notice of my raised heartbeat, and a fresh throbbing pain in a little more than a few places. "Damn, I cut myself while falling into the tree..."

My conscious decided to barge in screaming that I was alive, warm, and unharmed, despite a few aching areas on my upper body. I shifted slightly, and pain tore through my left shoulder. "Kuh, make that with a possibility of a dislocated shoulder."