Dreamscaping alongside a supernatural encounter

I opened my eyes and was met with a landscape that could rival the Earth's most greenest patch. I looked around, taking everything in. "It's even more beautified than a painting..."

In my defence, I had only seen pictures that caught the realistic sense of the world. I shook my head. "Even picture books are put to shame with this,"

Then again, weren't picture books influenced by reality as well?

"So I wasn't imagining things when I saw another here!"

I turned to find that my imagination was seriously rubbing me the wrong way. "Oh, it's the lunatic,"

"What's that supposed to mean!?" The figment of my imagination cried out. I paused in thought, wasn't his name tomahaku or some other?

"I'm sorry, but you may have the wrong person," I started backing away from the nearing insanity persona.

The said persona grew irritated. "I do not have the wrong person! And don't try to even lie about not knowing me, you insufferable little brat!"

"Hey, in my defence, I may have been hallucinating back then with my two concussions!" I retorted, while trying to keep my distance from the other.

"See! You even remember our last meeting!" He pointed out accusingly.

"Did you not hear that it was a result of having two concussions?" I pointed out dryly.

"That does not have a factor in our argument!"

"I object! It clearly does!"

"Why are you speaking like the Court!?"

"Why can't I?"

Both of us kept bantering, our points deviating from the initial drastically. It wasn't until we had both exhausted ourselves, and laid down on the grass, trying to catch our breath. For a while neither of us said anything, and I allowed myself to bask in the non-realistic scenery.

"You really forgot my name, huh," I glanced towards my unexpected companion.

I gave a sigh. Guess denying it will give me a much larger headache then I'd like. "Your name is Kamekaze, Tohaku, an idiot who dubbed his sword as Ryuu, claiming it was a gift from the gods, happy?"

"You remembered?" I couldn't handle the imaginary rainbow sparkles spilling from him, so I looked away.

"So what?" Couldn't he get a clue that I wanted to be left to myself?

"This means a lot to me!" Apparently not.

I gave a sigh, resigning myself to a fate that would probably last an eternity in my comatose state.

"Ah, how'd you get here in the first place, Youroi?" I looked back towards Tohaku, slightly perplexed at the change in topic.

"Well, three days ago, I fell asleep and never woke up." A gasp from the other made me correct myself. "I fell into a coma, I'm not dead thank you very much."

"Then how'd you get into this landscape?"

I allowed my thoughts to gather. "I remember an indigo ore right before me, but when I had gone to touch it, I blacked out."

"Ore..." Tohaku murmured.

"Do you know of it, Tohaku?" I asked, slightly curious as to what he would come up with.

"I may be wrong, but I'm supposing you've met your core." He finally confessed after a long silence.

"My core?" What the heck was that supposed to mean?

"Usually it'd appear in different forms, but it's generalized as a Dying Will." Clearly everything that he had spouted had completely gone over my head.

"Please explain it so that I don't have to deal with supernatural phenomena," I interjected before he could go on about all this magic crap.

"Hey! I'm a supernatural being!" He pointed out, miffed and offended.

"Then don't place anymore on my already tired brain," I re-stated, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I'm already having a hard time in trying to compute that you are a supernatural being, and not some sort of figment from my damaged brain."

"Couldn't you have said that in a less offending way?" I shrugged in response, causing him to revert to his childish whining, in which I tuned out.

Instead, I allowed my brain to ponder on how I was to get out of my comatose state. I didn't want to worry the new family I was born into, and I didn't feel comfortable in this phase. I let out a sigh, flopping onto my stomach.

"Don't go turning old on me you little brat!" The smack that accompanied the saying hurt more.

"That hurt!" I glared at Tohaku. "Did you have to hit so hard?!"

"Do you want to wither in a place like this?" I blinked. For once, the lunatic was right.

"Do you know how I can get out of this place then?" I stated, sitting up.

The look on Tohaku's face was contemplative. He seemed to have some sort of idea... "If you've got one, spit it out."

With another small silence, Tohaku gave in. "I doubt it'll lead to the conclusion that you're hoping for, but I guess it's worth the try."

"Which is?" I pressed further, already having my hopes rising with a way out.

"That is to train your Dying Will."

I didn't think that a mind could stop working while I was conscious... and not dying, apparently. But this experience has proven that the mind can indeed stop working while the individual is living consciously.

A headache then started pounding, giving me a terrible streak of pain. Reminding me that I needed to breath in order to keep living, comatose or not.

"Please tell me that you were saying a terrible joke that did not have an ounce of sense in it, and that there is another plan to get me out of my comatose state in the world that is separate from this crazy supernatural world where nothing makes sense." I stated seriously, looking at the other with the most deadpan look that I could squeeze out.

Tohaku gave an equal stare, not refuting his terrible joke, with an equally serious face.

Somehow it dawned on me that Tohaku was telling the truth. The thought was absurd. It was absurd as the idea of being reincarnated, going through the whole life cycle all over again, and knowing everything from the beginning. Heck, the absurd thought in itself was absurd!

I felt like laughing my head off at such a predicament, but I kept it down. Now was not the time to break down with stress as little as this. I've already broken down once during my captivity state, so this one really wasn't going to change anything.

Instead, I gave a sigh. A good long and hard sigh. Then I refaced Tohaku, and gathered my wits in order to prepare myself with all this absurdity. "Alright, what's the first step, Tohaku-sensei?"