Creativity taken to ridiculous extremes extended

"You do realize that you can let me down now?" I pointed out to the man who had saved me from my fall of death. I had no grudge against that, since he did save me and all. But he had been carrying me, in a bridal hold, the goddamn hold, and that was ages ago! It pissed me off, but I couldn't do much, which pissed me off even more. "I can walk, you know? It's not like I lost my legs in War."

A slight chill went up my spine when he sent another of his sidelong glares before returning them to the front. It didn't help that the effect was amplified with the outfit he wore. A fine suit overtop of a crisp white dress shirt and tie, topped with a fedora that had a thick orange felt running around its brim. Seesh, talk about being dressed as a mobster! His good looks didn't even help in this situation at all! I continued to sulk until the baritone this man possessed scared the hell out of me. "You'd end up being more of a burden if I were to put you down, it's not that I even wanted to carry you in the first place."

"Then why did you even carry me in the first place!" I shot back, still sulking in my corner of woe.

"Your dislocated shoulder, damn brat." He retorted.

"Kami," I muttered, half cross. "it's just a dislocation! I'm not going to be amputated!"

The man came to a stop and promptly, without a single notice, dropped me down. The rest of my fall completed, since the time I had fallen from an eight foot wall. "Ow!"

"You asked for it, brat." He scoffed, pulling his fedora's brim down. He then wasted no time in walking into the building he oh so kindly dropped me in front of. "Now come in, we're staying here for the night."

"It would have been much helpful if you were to give a forewarning!" I spat, tears pricking at my eyes. "It's not hard! A simple knock knock would do!"

He didn't bother to stop, continuing on his way inside. I grumbled, getting up with a wince. "Now I might even have my pelvis shattered because of him!"

Making haste, I ran into the building after him, and spotted him being led by one of those boys to his room... what were they called...? "Ah, whatever! Wait up!"

Catching up, I slowed my pace down. "I see that you have made your decision to follow."

"I would be stupid not to," I snorted. "it's either a warm room, or the cold concrete. The former is more appealing than the latter."

"Wise choice, brat."

I felt my face heat up, and immediately looked the other way. Muttering my sentence. "I told you that I wasn't stupid."

We walked in silence, following the boy in front of us, when realization hit me. I turned back to face him. "I didn't get your name, and it's pretty rude calling a person 'you'."

"You at least have some manners drilled into you, brat." I bristled at the remark, but didn't say anything. "My name's Reborn, number one hitman."

I paused to think over the statement, about to deny his statement of being a hitman, when the name itself rung a bell. "Reborn... as in the person who was to burn Mr. Enollavac's paperwork?"

The smirk that crossed his lips didn't ring much of a fortune bell for me. "And an edict memory."

He opened the door to our room, and I now noticed that the boy was no longer here. We entered, and Reborn shut the door, locking it. He took off his fedora, revealing a mass of unruly black hair that obviously had been gelled back. I was then attracted to the side curls he had... "Those are some big curls... Mr. Reborn."

He gave a nod, and sat down on one of the two beds. "A trademark, now come here so I can fix you."

"Fix?" I blinked, slightly confused at the turn of topic. "Fix what?"

The calculating look that I was given, gave off the jab where I was stupid for even asking such a question. That gave way to another familiar spike of anger, and I unconsciously sent a glare back in return. He then spoke up, nothing that gave away on how much he was ticked off on my stupidity... It was either that or he had some huge reservoir of patience... "Your arm, you dislocated it, it's only natural to try and put it back into place again."

My anger was drowned with the heat of shame, making me suffer of not suppressing the heat from my face. "Oh, that..."

Then the idea hit me that putting my arm back to its original position meant that it would hurt a lot. That small piece of information was enough to place doubt in my mind. I shook my head. "It's okay, I can do it for myself,"

"Really?" That wasn't the tone of a man in surprise, and he was not amused.

"Really." I gave a nod, even though the whole idea of popping the limb was terrifying. Just thinking about it was distasteful. I suppressed the shivers in favor of holding my ground in the stare down. Reborn got up with a heave, and moved forward. I took a step back, a flash of fear running through me. "Y-You can stay seated, no need to hassle yourself with coming over!"

He paused, looking at me. "I was going to get myself an espresso, since you clearly know how to pop your arm back."

"O-Oh, right, I knew that," I muttered under my breath, flinching when I grabbed my limp arm. It could have been just me, but it seemed like an eternity when Reborn started moving again. Nonetheless, I was able to breath again when he had gone to the enclosed kitchen. My attention was then taken by the sharp pain in my arm, and I quickly made my way to the other bed that Reborn hadn't claimed. "How the heck am I supposed to pop my arm back in again?"

I vaguely remember the time when a teammate, back in Tart High, had to have his arm popped back into his socket, how he had gotten it dislocated wasn't something I was paying attention to, but for the life of me, I couldn't seem to remember how it was done either. I breathed out a curse under my breath and glared down at my limp limb. "Stupid Taser-Dude, if this whole scenario didn't happen then I wouldn't be supporting any injuries!"

As if on cue, the other parts of my injuries started throbbing like crazy, making me grit my teeth to deal with the pain.

"If you don't pop your arm back in, it's going to get harder much later on in the hospital,"

"Huwaah!" I jumped, startled out of my skin at the sudden sentence. I turned around wide eyed, and predictably I was met with the other occupant of the room; Reborn. "Don't sneak up like that! You seriously gave me a near heart attack!"

The silence was unforgivable, and to back my point I have been having quite a lot of that lately.

"First off," Reborn made his way forward. "I wasn't intending to scare you. Secondly, I don't do sneaking. It's natural stealth, and the number one hitman is required to have such a talent."

I grimaced, partially because of the pain, what was his obsession over this number one hitman thing anyway? Mobsters wouldn't just strut around in broad daylight wearing whatever he was wearing. "Sure, sure, I'm steeling myself for the pain, that's all."

"That only shows how scared you are," He paused, tilting his head slightly in a minor pause. "and that you don't know a single thing in relocating your joint."

... Was it possible for a person to be this attentive? I seriously hope it wasn't, since that would be plain creepy...

"It isn't creepy, it's an art." I blinked. "It was portrayed on your face; surprisingly you are easy to read."

I could accept that... "Surprisingly?"

"I'll tell you that later," He set his mug down on the table he was beside, wasting no movement on making his way to me. I wasn't even aware of how quick he was, not until he was right in front of me. Before I could blink, he turned me around, grabbing hold of my arm.

Sad thing was, that was when my common sense decided to kick in. "W-wait! H-"

A snap resounded and my brain had gone on override with the pain in my nerves. "Hyaa!"

"You scream like a girl," Was the comment I heard before I blacked out with the pain.