Cops and Robbers

The beginning of the game was boring. I nearly ended up sleeping in my spot on some random tree.

Just looking down at the 'Cops' was enough for me to start laughing at how they assembled themselves. Clearly the delinquents didn't know the idea of 'reform and strategize'. But I had to give it to them that they managed to at least form groups to cover more area. If they didn't... well, I have to pity them.

I let out a huff, shifting my weight on my branch, and scanned the area under me.

There were two groups of three, closing in on each other. "Should I even try bothering them?"

The idea was tempting, and with my circumstance of being an invisible sitting duck I was obviously itching to do something. I scratched my head, frowning. "Come to think of it... it's been a long time since I last kicked my soccer ball..."

Looking at the gathered group under me, I let my thoughts wander off. "Maybe this school has a soccer club I can attend? It'd be really fun if I could go off into the tournaments..."

My eye caught someone nearing the tree, and to say the least it intrigued me... at least for a few seconds. What I thought on someone trying a different tactic to look up turned out to be a low-life taking a leak.

On the very same tree that I was hiding in.

"Honestly, these goons are hopeless," I muttered, pinching the bridge of my nose. I'll have to change trees to not have the stench cling to me. "But first, a little punishment should do me good."

Looking at the closest branch, I reached out to pick out the hard pinecone. I was lucky that this was on here in the first place. Testing the weight out, I aimed for the goon and shot it. It hit the target, but it hit him in a place that no light will ever shine on.

My aim is terrible... I just realized...

"Well I can't do much about it," I gave a shrug as I ignored the commotion under me. Instead I blanched when the reek of piss finally entered my nostrils. Covering my nose, I let myself fall off the tree. "dammit! He just had to  take a leak on my tree!"

My entrance didn't go unnoticed, which brought me relief in more ways than one. Though the moment washed off immediately when they started chasing after me. "Great, just great, now I have to find another tree to hide in."

-o-

Halfway through the game, my mood was on the verge of erupting. I was currently on the ground, walking around to keep my my mind level, though the reason for why I was on the ground in the first place prevented me in keeping calm. "Five trees. All five of them!"

That's right.

Just like the first, the five consecutive trees that I had taken residence in had all been marked by the goons' nature leak.

I know it's a nature call, and it's far easier than a female's genitals, but to piss on a tree without looking up... I let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Their juniors have bigger brains than them..."

"When were you so dirty minded?"

I nearly shrieked. Thankfully, I managed to contain it so all that came out was a half strangled yelp as I whipped around to face the culprit that snuck up on me.

Lo and behold, Tohaku was staring right back at me, sitting cross-legged in midair with his arms crossed as if it were a common occurrence. My mind restarted, sputtering back to life as I hissed back. "Obviously you're the only one thinking up dirty thoughts!"

Tohaku tilted his head in thought as he laid back slightly. "But they're so obvious, anyone would think the same thing, like that Mukuro guy,"

"Who?"

"You don't remember?"

I clicked my tongue, scanning my surroundings. "I don't care right now, I have to keep hidden until sundown."

"Oh, you're playing a game?" Tohaku perked up as he floated closer.

Nobody seemed to be nearby so I let myself relax. "Yeah, a game of cops and robbers."

"Who're the groups?" Tohaku pressed, leaning in further.

"I'm the robber and the others are the cops," I explained. "And don't ask why it's so unbalanced, it's a long story."

"Boo, you're no fun,"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't ask to be fun."

A sudden yawn took over me, as I muttered out loud. "I just hope this game ends soon, I want to go home!"

"Seeing as you are the only 'Robber' running around, why not ditch them? I doubt they would notice," Tohaku pointed out.

"That is a wonderful, but dumb idea." I deadpanned, starting to climb my seventh tree. "One person didn't join the game, and I doubt he went home either."

"Then he's far more boring than you!" Tohaku vocalized his dislike of boring individuals, floating up to the branch that I taken residence in. I was secretly hoping that this tree wouldn't get marked, in order for me to enjoy some peace.

Strangely, my eyelids seemed heavier at the moment.

I gave a yawn, not bothering to hide it. "Wake me up when you see the goons come near here. I don't trust their wee brains to ever comprehend where I'm at."

Without waiting for a reply, I promptly fell asleep as soon as I shut my eyes.