Journeying back home with an uptight man

The next time I awoke, I was immediately assaulted with the pain from my shoulder. I groaned, trying to sit up, only for me to wince and flop back down, wincing again. "Ugh, why the heck am I still alive?"

"That's a depressing thought," I froze for a split second, would have jumped out of my skin but that was clearly impossible. So I ended up struggling to face the man, and glare. He merely acknowledged that I was alive with a tip of his fedora. "and yet you look like you could kill."

"How observant," I drawled, the effect ruined by a cough that broke from my throat. Struggling again, trying to stifle my ongoing coughs, I managed to sit upright and flop myself onto the pillow. Ignoring Reborn, I studied the window, frowning slightly. It looked to be very bright... "how long was I out?"

"About a whole day now,"

"What?!" I sat forward, only to be taken over by nausea. "Ugh..."

"Serves you right for bolting like that." I gave a weak glare at Reborn, before laying back down on the bed.

"Whatever," I gave a sigh. "so when are we heading back home?"

"We were supposed to start today, but seeing as you are struggling to stand on your own, we'll start tomorrow." He stated.

"I'm fine," I got up, sliding off the bed tentatively. Standing firmly on the ground, I gestured to my ability. "see? We can leave right now."

I took a step forward, and my world tilted.

Luckily, my fall decided to stop. Unfortunately, it took me a while to process that I was being held up. Pretty humiliating when the thought actually sunk in, and it was amplified with the random thought of how strong the arm was. Honestly, this was no time to allow my female hormones to appear and drool over the fact in secrecy!

I was brought out of my inner musings when I had been dumped back into my bed. To say I was shaken, is probably an overstatement. Since my blank state of mind grew after I hit the pillow. "Sleep, I'll contact the Principle and your parents, there's no rush in heading back."

I snorted. "Even if you say so, I just woke up, sleep is the last thing on my mind right now."

"Then allow me the pleasure," Before I could question, I felt a prick at my neck, making me fall into oblivion.

I couldn't tell much, from the moment I had been purposefully knocked out to the time I regained my consciousness, if that everything was a dream or reality. However, since it was all vague, I hardly gave a care on remember much.

But I did know that I felt way better when I had woken up the second time. My only loss this time was my time of getting home quicker. From what I can tell of the sprinkling light entering through the window, was that it was the dawn of the next day. The feeling of loss I had within me seemed to be amplified with that scrap of knowledge.

I gave a sigh, shifting myself over to the edge of the bed. Bracing myself, I got up, feeling slightly woozy, but without a major drawback. I then proceeded to make my way to the linked bathroom to go about my morning business. Looking into the mirror, my gaze rested on my previously dislocated limb, a thought of putting it in a sling crossed my mind as I proceeded to finish up my daily routine. Even though my arm hardly ached, the slight jostling movement would sear through, making me flinch inevitably.

I finally came out of the bathroom, all cleaned up and refreshed after a shower, with a relief I hadn't known I had been holding in. "A shower is definitely the best way of relieving stress."

The room was oddly quiet, and it didn't take me long to find out what the cause of that was. Reborn, apparently, was not currently in the room. To my dismay or relief, I didn't know, making me frown. "That's a surprise..."

Shrugging the thought off, I searched the small kitchen of the room to see what I can find to satisfy my hunger for the moment, before I was to actually start thinking about my plans of heading home again. That is to say, with or without Reborn.

The fridge on the other hand was a fantasy to any beggar on the streets, sure it is pretty suspicious to have a hotel's fridge stuffed to the brim in delicacies that could make even the wealthiest man drool in its presence. I hummed picking out the more simple kinds of food, entertained by the imagery provided for my previous statement. "Who is the wealthiest man anyway?"

"A brat your age," I jumped slightly, my scream caught in my throat.

My heart was dangerously beating hard against my rib cage as I turned around to see who had replied to my rhetorical question. A glimpse of a familiar pressed suit gave me the inkling on who it was; Reborn. I let out an irritated sigh. "And there goes my morning mood, do you always tend to scare everyone out of their wits? Especially in the morning?"

"That is some good morning," Reborn dismissively stated, I was lucky that I had my back turned to him. The heat that seared my face was going to take a while to calm down.

I then headed to sit at the table, in order to eat the meal that I had taken out of the fridge. Changing the subject, mostly to avoid a very awkward silence. "Where'd you go this morning anyway?"

"Why so curious?" I felt an imaginary stab go through my heart.

"Well, sorry for asking! Seesh!" I continued to stuff my mouth in indignation, hardly registering the taste. A few minutes after gorging my face, my attention was brought back to my answered question. I turned to face Reborn, finishing my current morsel quickly. "What did you say about the richest man?"

"Caught up on current news?" I swear, if I had the chance, I would give him a good throttle. His stuck-up attitude was starting to get on my nerves.

"If you're not going to answer it then don't talk, I can get a signal." I retorted, turning back to my half-eaten food.

"Suit yourself," Reborn replied. I could clearly imagine him bringing his fedora down.

There wasn't much talk since that drag topic, but it didn't stay silent forever. Not when a knock sounded at the door. I heaved a sigh, getting up to answer it, seeing that the other occupant in the room was not going to move an inch. The knock sounded again, resulting in a slight irritation for me. "Coming, coming,"

It wasn't until I had opened the door did start having suspicion at the... eccentric group.

"Oh! Dino-san, isn't he the transfer student?" An unexpectedly tall teen looked down at me with an easy going grin. Actually... He might be the most carefree looking person I have met in my life...

The scowling companion of the jock-looking guy seemed to not care at the situation. And he surely wasn't amused in this situation either... What got under his bed?

"You guys have long strides..." The second voice huffed, coming into view. And boy was I happy seeing someone so familiar.

I must have looked like a child on Christmas morning. "Mr. Enollavac! I'm so glad to see you!"

I didn't care for traditional Japanese customs right now, and I'd be damned if I didn't get to hug a familiar person. You know, after all the trauma I had been subjected to, and all. It came as no surprise when the Pricipal jolted at the sudden physical contact. I couldn't blame him, really. "Y-Y-Youroi-kun! A-Are you okay? Is something wrong? Do you have serious injuries?"

Maybe it was the warmth of the words, it had been a long time since I felt someone else's concern. Genuine concern. But I had started crying, and it didn't— rather, it wouldn't stop. Sometime during my breakdown, I was acutely aware of everyone gathering around, but it soon passed. I wasn't aware how long I had been crying, but I seemed to have passed out while in that state.

I suppose, even though I have somewhat of a seasoned heart, my body can't keep up.