Heading back into Recession

I was out of the hospital the day after I regained consciousness, after a quick check-up on my health. I could vaguely tell that the doctor was a mix of surprised, concerned and confused as I had no problems in coming out of my comatose state and was pretty intact.

I really couldn't blame him, seeing as my one month of being a vegetable would have most likely caused disorientation.... I just didn't show it as much as I supposed.

"Youroi," I looked up from fiddling with my new uniform, it had come in right after I had been kidnapped, and faced my dad. He stood there, probably taking in a dose of reality, before pushing himself off the wall and coming forward. "here, let me do it for you,"

I let him take my tie, mentally glad I don't have to deal with it for much longer, and instead, I watched how he did it.

I question again, why the dress code had to be so formal, seeing as even the school that should not be named had a more comfortable gakuran instead of a stiff suited uniform. I was brought out of my musings when my dad flicked my nose upwards. "Hey!"

My dad let out a laugh, clearly finding my reaction amusing. I retorted. "It's not funny!"

His laugh only grew harder.

I waited until he ceased laughing, standing slightly in awkwardness. He then gave a couple of pats on my shoulder, grinning. "Don't act like that, Youroi, you got to loosen up at times!"

I stared at him, and let my shoulders sag. "Alright, alright,"

"That's my boy!" He laughed, his shoulders shaking with the momentum while giving me heavy pats on my back.

I squashed my irritation in order to keep a cool head when asking him. "So when do you plan on going back?"

"Aw, you don't want your dad to hang out with you some more?" He gave a mock hurt look.

I rolled my eyes.

Thankfully he dropped his decent acting skills, in order to answer me seriously. "I'll be on a plane next week, need to stay with your mother after all that had happened."

He paused, gazing at me for some time. A sigh and a pat later, he spoke again. "You'll be in charge of taking care of her when I'm not here."

I nodded. I wasn't going to deter from my original goal, especially not after all the dramatic run throughs I had during my comatose state. "Right, I'll take care of her,"

My dad laughed out loud. "That's my boy!"

I only gave a sigh as I let him smack my back a couple more times. His smacks then stopped causing me to look up at him in curiosity. His serious face certainly caught me off guard. "But really, Youroi, if you feel uncomfortable in the slightest, I'll change your school on a whim, just give me the signal."

The surprise I was feeling was beyond description as I felt my eyebrows shoot up. I then gave him one of my best smiles, reassuring him. "I wouldn't know that unless I live through it, dad,"

The stare I received was short lived as he gave a sigh, his shoulders slightly slumping before going back to being upright. "Alright, just be careful, you wouldn't want to worry your mother again."

I laughed. "I don't plan on it!"

I picked up my briefcase-like bag, that also came along with the uniform, that had my lunch packed away in it, and gave a wave before heading out. "I'm off! See you guys later!"