Heading back into Recession extended

"My name is Kazumoto Walker, Youroi, please just use one name to call out to me, I'll respond to any of the three," I introduced myself at the front of the class. Despite my hectic morning, I was successfully dragged to my class by Reborn. The said egoistical jerk wasn't lying when he said he was a teacher here to teach. Still... I barely managed to stop him from carrying me right into the classroom. The very thought was embarrassing, yet frustrating at the same time.

"Kazumoto!" I jerked out of my self-woe in time to turn my attention to the one that called out to me. The guy had a big build, probably someone that is more brawn than brain. "You got caught by Hibari?"

The class began whispering. I didn't bother to strain my ears. "Hibari-san?"

"Yeah, the Head of the Disciplinary Committee!" He laughed. "You came in rather late!"

I internally cringed at his loud voice, but answered all the same. "Yeah I got caught,"

Even more whispers broke out.

"But I got off the hook," I continued.

The next ten seconds were the best, with nothing but silence. It was too good to last though. Everyone broke into frenzied talk. I only managed to catch a few that were thrown out, before stopping my brain in processing the contents.

"No way! That Hibari?!"

"He's never let anyone off the hook!"

"There's no way that Hibari, of all people, would let someone go scot free!"

I let out a sigh, turning towards where Reborn was sitting back leisurely in his chair, shoes up on the table. "Aren't you going to start the class, Sensei?"

His dark eyes glanced up from whatever he was doing with his hands, and gave a smirk. "I could, or I could just let you have your punishment for coming in late,"

I rolled my eyes, ending up searching the whole class for a spare seat. I found one, but I didn't like where it was. Glancing back at Reborn with the best deadpan I could conjure, I left the front to head for my new seat beside the loudmouth brawn.

It seemed that Reborn took that as a sign for him to start the class again, he didn't even bother getting up from his seat. "Since,"

Instantly the whole class, abuzz with the whole Hibari problem only a few seconds ago, went silent. It was intriguing. Even the loudmouth beside me shut up like a good child. Reborn continued. "We only have half the class left, I want to go over a few rules of the classroom, in courtesy of our new addition,"

I could feel stares boring into me, but I shrugged them off. It wasn't my fault that Reborn wanted to go over the rules just because I was new here.

"Rule one, I won't repeat anything in class; if you don't hear it the first time go find someone else who heard it, two, we have a punishment for those who score low in all the quizzes and tests; don't bother in trying to play sick I'll just drag you back to school, three, when asked a question you have three seconds to answer; you'll merely get shot with chalk for prolonging your answer, four, any sort of misbehaviour will be dealt with the Disciplinary Committee; I won't sugarcoat your wrongdoings, five," The stares were growing intense, I couldn't understand why... "I congratulate you who have come early, there is no need to be on edge anymore."

I stared at Reborn, utterly confused. I could already tell I wasn't going to like wherever this was going to go. "Rule five is that whoever comes late will be the class gopher, for the rest of the year."

My jaw slackened in shock. The rest of the class cheered, while I sat there dumbfounded. Was this why Reborn decided to carry me back to the classroom? I jerked slightly when I felt a heavy pat on my back, and immediately turned to face the brawny loudmouth beside me. "Yo! Good luck with your new job, haha!"