Chapter Three♡

Noah's POV

It's Wednesday today, so that means no tutoring, or soccer. At least I get to look forward to tomorrow.

I walk into math, already seeing Jamie at her seat. She looks up when I walk in and smiles lightly, I smile back. But inside I feel like a cage of butterflies has been unleashed in my stomach.

"Hey." She says quietly once I have sat down.

"Hey, why did you have to run out so quickly yesterday? Is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah, everything's fine, I just didn't realize what time it was and my mom needed me home early to help with dinner." She replies.

"Okay, I thought maybe something happened."

"Oh, no, no, everything's great actually. Thanks for wondering though."

"No problem, glad to hear everything's going well." I tell her

"Thanks."

I nod, "so you cook?"

"Yea. I have loved cooking since I was like seven."

"Oh wow." I say, "that's so cool."

She laughs, "yeah, my mom has always loved to cook and she would always watch cooking shows like 'master chef' and 'hell's kitchen,' stuff like that. So I would always just sit and watch with her and eventually I helped make dinner and breakfast, and now, I never miss an opportunity to cook for people." She tells me

"That's so cool. What's your favorite thing to make?"

"Umm, I like to make different dips and sauces when I feel creative but my best dish is probably lasagna."

"I'm coming to your house for dinner," I joke, "lasagna is my favorite meal."

Although I was joking, I wanted to see her reaction and I do hope that one day I will get to have dinner at her house and meet her family.

She laughs and blushes a bit.

I was sort of hoping she would tell me to come over one night.

Maybe one day...

"Class has started, no more talking!" Shouts Mr. Pierce.

We laugh and pull out our homework.

I finished mine, finding it fairly easy.

"How did you find the homework after I explained it?" Asks Jamie quietly.

"Oh, it was pretty easy, thanks."

"Noah, do you really need this tutoring?" She asks after a while of silence.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I heard that you have won a bunch of math awards and are an honor student..." she tells me.

"Okay, truth is, yes, I am an honor student and very good at math, but I was finding this specific topic a bit confusing." And I really wanted to spend time with you. I add in my head.

Yes, I lied a bit, but she can't know that I like her until I know for sure how she feels about me, cause at this point, I really don't know.

And I am finding the topic a bit confusing, nothing I can't handle though.

"Oh, okay." She responds.

She sounds almost disappointed with my answer, did she want me to say it was because of her?

I hope so.

I give her a warm smile.

Mr. Pierce comes around to finally check our work.