Chapter Thirty-Six

Jamie

The last few days have been a blurry of events. When I am not in school I am either doing homework, or planning our Italy trip. Also lately, Noah has been helping me with soccer like we had originally planned. Although, we do more kissing than actually playing.

The trip to Italy had been approved by the doctors. They told us that it might not be the safest idea, and we would have to be extra careful, but it is one from the heart and as they said before, we are the best medicine for him right now. So they approved, and told us that it was such a great idea for him.

We have got the hotel and places booked. We explained our situation to the hotel and why it was such late notice. They gave us a great room and even gave us a discount out of pity, which my mom was very wary about accepting, but in the end she did. We are just in the process of booking the plane tickets now.

"So we will need six tickets then?" My mom asks, typing away on her MacBook.

"Yea-- wait? Six? It's just you, dad, Sammie, Josh, and me. That's five." I say, counting on my fingers as I say the names.

My mom begins to smile very widely, "well what about Noah?"

My eyes turn wide and I have to be sure I know what she means before I start smiling, "what about him?"

"Well isn't he coming?"

"Is he?"

"Do you want him to?"

I immediately almost say yes. Of course I would want Noah to come. But this is supposed to be a family thing. It was for my dad, and of course I know he likes Noah but would he really want him to come on a family trip already?

"I would love for him to come," I answer, "but would dad?"

"Oh hunny, your father loves Noah like a son. I do have an idea of making sure we know that he will want him there though." My mom replies.

"How?"

"Well when we get to the airport we will tell him that we wanted Noah to come but we weren't sure if he would be okay with that. Then gauging his reaction we will tell Noah to come or not."

I smile at my mom, "that's perfect. But what if dad says no?"

"Oh trust me, he won't. Butttt in case he does, we can just get a refund on the ticket." My mom shrugs.

I smile widely at my mom, "thank you." I then crush her in a hug.

She hugs me back and we stay like that for a while, "alright," she says, pulling out of the hug, "you have a call to make."

I look puzzled, furrowing a brow.

"Go invite that boy of yours to Italy!" She explains.

My eyebrows go back to normal as I smile and rush up the stairs.

"Hey." Noah's voice says as he answers his phone.

"Hey," I reply, "what's up?"

"Nothing really. My dad and I are just waiting for the people to come over."

"What people?" I ask.

"Oh! I thought I told you, we're renovating the house and ordered the tile and island. It's coming today."

"Oh nice!" I say.

"Yeah. Did you want to come over and see it?" He asks.

"Yeah for sure. I'll see you in about fifteen minutes. I also have to ask you something."

"Should I be scared?"

I laugh, "no, you're going to like this. Don't worry."

"Okay. See you soon." He says, hanging up but he still sounds a bit unsure.

I smile. Vacation to Italy with my family? He should be very scared.

I arrive at Noah's house in no time, and am more excited than ever about asking him to Italy.

"Hey." Noah says, opening the door wide for me.

"Hey." I reply, walking in.

"So this is the new and improved kitchen." Noah says dramatically, waving his hands into the room.

I laugh at his childishness as I take in the room.

All of the old vintage wallpaper is gone. The furniture is covered with sheets and there is tile all over the place.

Noah's face turns red as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Well it's a new and improved work in progress. Not completely finished yet, but once it is, it'll be great!"

"I can't wait to see it!" I exclaim, already noting how different it looks with just the wallpaper gone.

"Thanks. So you wanted to talk?"

"Yeah. Can we go upstairs?"

He hesitates slightly before answering, "sure."

We make our way upstairs and I shut the door behind us as we enter his room.

Noah leans back on the nightstand beside his bed. He is holding his breath and the grip he has on the table is so tight that his knuckles are beginning to turn white.

I almost begin to laugh. I am about to ask him to go to Italy with us, and he is preparing for the worst. It is quite comical if you think about it.

"So..." he starts, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh. Right. What is the best trip you have ever been on?"

Noah's brow furrows slightly, "really? Uh... nowhere really. We used to go camping when I was younger but it was never more than five hours away. Why?"

"Well I am about to top the best trip you have ever been on. Noah Adams, would you like to accompany me to Italy?"

His head instantly jerks back and his eyes go wide, "Italy?" He asks in disbelief.

I nod, a wide smile on my lips.

"Me? In Italy? With you?" He asks, his smile growing wider as well.

"What do you say?"

"Yes! Of course Jamie! Who would say no to Italy with the most amazing person in the world?" He asks, coming to hug me.

Noah picks me up from the ground and spins me round and round. I giggle and am just overwhelmed with happiness that he said yes.

"I can't believe this, we're going to Italy!" He whispers, putting me down and looking deep into my eyes.

"We're going to Italy." I confirm in a whisper, pulling him in for a kiss.

************************************

Cover by plaintively thank you so so much! I love it!

Wow guys, over 49K reads and #74 in teen fiction!! Wow that is amazing thank you all<3

Remember to check out my other books called 'let it snow' and 'my bestfriends boyfriend' as the next update won't be for a little while:/

Hope you all like this chapter, remember to vote, comment, follow, and recommend:)

-Maxine<3