Chapter Eight♡

Noah's POV

"And then what happened?" Asks Ryan as I retell the events of last night.

Ah. Last night.

The night I finally kissed Jamie.

And it was amazing, better than anything I have ever imagined.

"We-uh, we kissed." I tell him, hiding the giant smile creeping up on my lips.

"You WHAT?!" He exclaims

I laugh, "we were practicing and then I told her the truth, that I didn't really need a tutor, and she kissed me, and I kissed her back. Then we confessed how we both felt."

"Aw! My boys finally a man!" Ryan says, patting my back like a proud father would.

"Enough chit-chat boys, if you wanted to talk go join the book club!!" Shouts coach, as we are running our laps.

We continue running, once we are a safe distance from coach and are sure he's not watching, Ryan whispers to me; "so what happened after you kissed?"

"It wasn't awkward, we just kept shooting and talking and laughing with each other, it was great!" I say.

I'm so happy that after our kiss things were normal, I hate when you kiss someone and then it is just weird and awkward after, Jamie wasn't like that, she talked more actually.

"Well that's good." Ryan tells me.

"Yea."

We finish up practice with a drill and then we're allowed to leave.

"So how about you?" I ask Ryan, "got your eye on anyone special?"

"No..." He trials off, blushing.

"Oh come on Ry, you know you can't lie to me, what's her name?"

"Um, you know that girl Jamie is always with? Maggie? I kind of like her."

Thinking of it now, I have caught him staring at her a bit. Of course I never asked, because I was too concentrated on Jamie, but they would make a cute couple. They're both smart and nice. And Maggie's also really pretty, yeah, I could see them together.

"Aw, Ryan's got a crush!" I say, imitating him.

He turns away blushing, and murmurs something under his breath.

"But seriosuly, you guys would be good together. I could talk to her if you wanted?" I offer

"Could you?"

"Absolutely man."

"Thank you." He says

I slip on my shoes and grab my bag, "see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah, text me later." Ryan replies.

"Will do." I call, exiting the changeroom.

When I get home I realize my dad isn't here, typical. He's probably at some club, drinking himself away.

I walk up to my room and plop my bag down on my bed. I rummage through, finding my math text book. I open it up and finish the questions with ease.

I don't have anything else to do really so I open up my laptop and log into Netflix, propping up the laptop on a pile of pillows I settle in, clicking play on 'fast and furious.'

I just get to the part where Mia finds out about Brian being a cop, when my phone rings.

A picture of Jamie pops up on the screen and my heart skips a beat.