Chapter Eighteen

Jamie's POV

"Hello?" I answer the phone in a groggy tone.

"Jaim?" Comes Maggie's voice.

I yawn, "this better be good Mag. It's only..." I pull the phone away from my face to look at the blinding screen, "four thirty in the morning."

"It is." She sniffs, sounding a bit sad.

"What is it?"

"Scott..."

I hear her sniff again.

Oh no.

"What happened?" I ask, alarmed.

"I was at a party. And things were going good, you know? We were talking and he was being a bit flirty," sniff, "and then... I ... I caught him." Sniff "I caught him making out with Jenna Rayes."

I feel a pain go through my heart for my best friend. She has been crushing on Scott Harler for weeks. Things were finally starting to role into play. I would catch him smile at her during lunch. He would casually touch her arm when they passed each other in the halls. They were so cute.

But no. He has to be an ass and go kiss some other girl.

Typical.

"I'm so sorry Maggie, really. But you know what?"

"What?" Comes her strained voice.

"There are so many other guys for you. And if Scott doesn't like you, that's his loss. You're an incredible person and you can do so much better. Okay?"

"O-okay."

"Now... Noah and I are going to a party, how about you come? Get your mind off of Scott. Have fun."

She draws in a deep breath, "Okay I'll come."

"Oh, I almost forgot. You know Noah's friend, Ryan, right?"

"Yeah..."

"He'll be there. He likes you." I tell her, smirking.

"What?"

"Yeah. Noah told me the other night."

"Oh." She seems lost for words.

"Maybe he can be like your rebound guy?" I offer.

"Yeah. I mean, he's really nice. And he's pretty cute actually. I'd consider him, definitely."

"Good." I smile. Now, get some sleep. The party is tomorrow night since Tuesday is a break day."

"Perfect. See you tomorrow."

"OK. Night."

I hang up and fall back asleep, almost instantly. With a smile on my face.

*****************

"Jamie..." Comes a voice, "Jamie... Wake up."

I groan, turning on my side.

I come face to face with Noah.

I yawn.

He laughs, "good morning to you too."

I sigh, "sorry. Maggie called me last night at like four in the morning."

"Is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah... It's just this guy she likes ... Well she caught him with someone else after he flirted with her. She was really upset. But then I told her about Ryan and the party and it lifted her spirits a bit." I tell him.