Chapter Thirty-Eight

Jamie's POV

I begin to crack up at the joke Noah had just told me, resulting in some glares from other passengers which to be honest, only makes me laugh harder.

Noah looks around the plane and then smirks at me, laughing slightly, "shh. You're gonna get us kicked off the plane, babe." He says.

I crack up more, "they can't kick us off silly, we're in the air."

Noah begins laughing at this as well, "okay, true. But they won't give us a ride back then." He tries.

"Perfect. I wasn't sure how I was going to leave Italy anyways."

Noah smiles at my answer, really studying my face, peering deep into my soul.

"Thank you." He says finally.

I give him a questioning look, finally settled down, "for what?" I ask.

"For bringing me with you, for being there for me, for loving me when nobody else could."

My heart melts at this, "Noah," I say, "you never need to thank me okay? I am always here for you. Forever. I'll never leave you. I love you."

Noah looks deep into my eyes, smiling at my words, and kisses me.

"I love you too." He whispers to me, forehead rested on mine.

After ordering some food, we pop on the movie, soul surfer. It's an old one, but it's such a good movie. Just incredibly inspiring.

Noah holds my hand as I cringe when the shark takes her arm and he comforts me as I silently cry through all of Bethany Hamilton's distress.

Since it is an eight hour flight, and we still have another six and a half hours, not even mentioning that I have been up since 12:30 in the morning, somewhere near the scene where she is training again I fall asleep, head rested on Noah's shoulder.

***

"Jamie... Jamie wake up." I hear Noah's voice say as my eyes slowly flutter open.

Noah chuckles, "we're here Jaim. You've gotta get up."

"Aww. But I didn't get my picture." I whine.

"What picture?" Noah asks, furrowing his brows.

"The picture everyone takes of the plane wing. You know, how when legitimately everyone travels and they take a picture of the sky with the plane wing?"

Noah laughs, "oh! Well on our way back okay? I won't let you fall asleep?"

"Well let me fall asleep," I scoff, "just not before I get the picture." I giggle.

"Okay." Noah laughs, while rolling his eyes at my childishness.

"I can't believe we're finally here!" Sammie says, turning to face me.

"Me either," I tell her, "this is going to be the trip of a lifetime."

"I know! I can't wait! We have to go boating in those tiny lakes, you know the cute little river things you see that we have a photo of at home?"

"Canals?" I ask, laughing.

"Yeah, those! We have to go on one!"

"Agreed!" I tell her, smiling and giving her a high-five.

I look beside her, at Josh who is still passed out. I chuckle a little, he really does take after his sister, that one.

"Josh, come on, it's time to go." I say, shaking his shoulder.

"We're there?" He asks tiredly, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah. Come on. We're finally in Italy." As soon as I say Italy, Josh shoots up out of his seat.

"Oh my gosh, we're in Italy. Wow. Oh my gosh, okay, let's go, what're we waiting for?"

I laugh out loud at this, definitely earning myself more glares from those around me.

"We're waiting for the pilot to tell us it's okay to get off." I explain to him.

Josh sighs, "oh." and slumps back in his seat.

It is another five or so minutes of everyone anxiously bouncing in their seats before the pilot comes onto the speaker, telling everyone it is safe to go.

***

"...and that one's mine." My dad says, grabbing his suitcase from the luggage area.

"Great, everyone has their suitcases, nothing is lost." My mom tells us all, while we stand in a circle, checking and double checking that everyone has everything.

"Yes, wonderful. Now, how about we go check out the hotel?"

"Yes!" Everyone shouts in agreement.

"Perfect." My mom replies, heading out the doors of the airport, holding them for each one of us.

"Okay, so cielo blu resort... how on earth do we get there?" My dad asks, holding a map.

"Ummm. I'm not exactly sure," my mom replies, "can we ask someone?"

"Yeah, how about him? He looks like he lives here." My dad says, walking over to a man who looks to be in his fifties.

"Bonjurno!" The man cries out as we approach.

"Um, hello, do you speak English?" My dad asks, making some weird hand gestures.

The man laughs at my father's expense, "ah, yes, I speak English, what can I do for you all?"

"Well you see, we are trying to get to the cielo blu resort, could you help us?" My mom tries.

"Ah! Cielo blu eh? You're in luck, I am how you say... taxi driver. You need a ride?" He speaks in a deep Italian accent.

"Yes! Could you drive us?" My mother asks.

"For sure I can take you guys! Come on in," he tells us, gesturing to the vehicle.

We all clamber in to the car, eager to get to our hotel. The Italian man makes small talk with us as we drive, but we are all so in awe at the sights that we don't have much to say.

The man chuckles at us, crowded around the windows that we barely notice when he tells us we have arrived.

"Most everything is in uh walking distance from this, but if you need to get anywhere ask the uh, hotel, front desk will have the infor-uh-mation. Don't hesitate to call me, I am more than happy to be your guide." Our driver, who's name we have learnt to be Alonzo, says to us, passing us a card with a number and a name.

"Awesome, thank you!" My mom tells him.

"It was my pleasure mam." Alonzo replies, tipping his hat at her and speeding off.

"Alright. Let's do this." My dad says, leading the way into the hotel.

************************************

So sorry that I haven't updated in a while! I've been studying and finishing projects!

Thank you all for not giving up on this book and sticking with it, also for getting it to #62 in teen fiction!

Vote, comment, recommend, and follow:)

-Maxine<3