Chapter Thirty-One

Jamie's POV

Maggie, Noah, and I are eating pancakes that we have made, trying to lure my parents down into the kitchen so we can ask for a ride. I thought it was rude to disturb them as they sleep but maybe attracting them down would do the trick.

We wait a long time, munching on the chocolatey goodness, until they finally come down to the kitchen, looking tired.

"Morning guys." I greet them.

"Morning Jamie. Hello Noah, Maggie." My mom greets, nodding.

"Oh, you guys made us breakfast?" My dad inquires, looking over at the stack of fluffy pancakes sitting on the plate.

I nod my head smiling as Noah decides to tell them the real reason we got up to bake, "yeah, we thought they'd lure you guys down."

I smack his arm as my parents laugh, "ahh. We knew there had to be a reason."

I smile, "yes there is a reason, but also think of it as a welcome home gift."

My mom mock sighs, "what would you like dear?"

"Well, you know that junior prom is coming up, and seeing as Maggie and I both have dates, we were going to buy our dresses today, we were also hoping you could drive us in?" I ask.

"Oh of course honey. Let me just get ready first okay?" My mom says, clear excitement in her voice.

"Thank you!" I say, as Maggie and I practically hop over the island to hug her.

"Women." I hear my dad murmer to Noah.

"Tell me about it." Noah laughs back.

************************************

By the time my mom finally gets ready it is a little past 11:00.

"Alright girls, let's go." My mom says, grabbing her keys and jogging out to the car.

Sometimes I really think my mom is more of a teenager than I am. It amazes me how excited she already is.

Maggie and I laugh as we get into the car, both no doubt thinking the same thing.

"So are you girls excited?" My mom asks, turning the music down slightly so we can all hear each other.

"Yeah, I'm pumped." Maggie responds.

"Do you girls know the theme yet? I heard a few of the moms saying it was going to be a night in Paris."

"That's what I heard too! I hope so, but I also liked the theme of a romantic beach sunset." I say.

"You had your romantic beach theme." Maggie says, winking at me.

My eyes went a big wide at this, my mom definitely took that the wrong way, seeing as her eyebrows shot up.

"What was your romantic beach theme Jamie?" She laughs, eyebrow still raised in suspicion.

I shoot Maggie a look as she laughs.

My cheeks flame red before I can stutter out an answer, "O-oh, um, Noah just had this really romantic date set up the other night for the two of us, it was our first real date actually. It was incredibly sweet and caring and I just loved it so much!" I gush.

"Awee, my baby's in love" my mom sings as another blush attacks my cheeks and a wild smile appears on my mouth, "I am." I say shyly as Maggie and her begin to hoot.

Exactly what I mean, my mother is a teenage girl.

************************************

"This one's cute." I say to Maggie, pointing out a silver dress. It goes all the way to the floor and has silver sequins covering the top half.