Chapter Five♡

Noah's POV

I was so close, SO close to kissing her.

She just looked so beautiful, she was talking so much more, we were having such a good time, I just had to.

I began to lean in.

She looked confused and a bit shocked at first, but then she started to lean forward, inching closer and closer to me.

We were centimeters apart... just centimeters... when the door opened.

My eyes widened and we both flew back, to opposite sides of the couch.

Jamie got up from the couch and went towards the door, I didn't know what to do, so I'm just sitting here, playing with the remote.

"Sammie?" I hear Jamie's voice.

"Hey Jaim." Comes a girls voice, not too much younger than Jamie's.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well we are staying the night at gram and gramps house but I forgot some stuff, so we are just making a quick stop here, are you sure you don't want to come back with us?"

"Yea I'm sure, thanks though."

"What are you doing?" The girl asks

"Oh just watching tv, and a friends over, keeping me company."

Friend. I hate the way that sounds, I want to be so much more than friends, I want to be able to call her my girlfriend. I really want Jamie Winters to be my girlfriend.

"Oh is Maggie over?" She asks

"No..." Jamie says nervously

"Who? Ciera?"

"Umm, no, its..." Jamie stops talking once the girl walks into the room where I am. She looks a lot like Jamie, only she's shorter with wavy hair and blue eyes instead of brown.

"Sammie, this is Noah." Jamie says once she is in the room as well.

Sammie looks at me with wide eyes.

"Hi, I'm Jamie's little sister, Sammie, sorry if I'm interrupting, I should go, bye." She says and walks out, grabbing Jamie's sleeve and pulling her out as well.

"What is he doing here?" Sammie yells in a whisper.

"Oh Sam, calm down, he's just a friend, here to keep me company."

"If you wanted company you should have came with me and Josh to grandma and grandpa's house." She replies

"I just couldn't be around family with everything going on. I needed a friend, being there brings back too many memories." Jamie says quietly.

"I know. I get it, but they need comforting too" Replies Sammie in a whisper, probably looking towards the ground.

They don't say anything else so I assume they are hugging.

I stay where I am, not wanting to make things weird, or at least weirder than they are.

"Ok, I'm gonna go now. I'll talk to you in the morning." Sammie says sniffling.

"Bye Sam, love you. Tell Josh and gram and gramps the same thing for me."

"Okay, love you too Jaim."

I hear foot steps and a door close. Jamie comes back to me, wiping her face.

"I'm so sorry." I say, standing up.

I bring her into a hug, which she accepts, hugging me back, and crying on my shoulder.

"It's just so hard." She says, her voice muffled between sobs.

"I know, I know, but it will get better. I promise." I say, rubbing circles on her back.

"Really?" She asks, looking up at me.

"Really. Everything happens for a reason, something good will come out of this."

"Thank you." She says and lifts her head to kiss my cheek.

We go back to the couch, her laying on my chest. It feels nice, and I hope there are more nights to come like this, with us.

Her eyelids quickly begin to close, slowly, until they shut completely.

Her breaths get heavy, and her arms wrap tighter around me.

I set my head on her head and run my fingers through her hair.

When I know for sure that she is finally asleep I lean down and kiss her head softly.

"I love you, Jamie Winters."

And I realize I do, I love her, and I think I have been in love with her from the moment I saw her. Because what I feel for her is something I've never felt for any girl before, there is no body else like her, and there probably never will be, she is one in a million, and I love her for that.

I find my eyes shutting as my head leans back into the couch, and I slowly fall asleep.
***********************************

Yes, I know this chapter is super short, but I promise the next one will be longer, I just knew what I wanted for this chapter and once I realized how short it was I didn't know what else to write. Sorry!!
Please still vote, comment, reccomend, and follow :)

Don't forget to check out my other book 'let it snow' and a new one I started, 'my best friends boyfriend'

Also thanks so much for 50+ reads!! Keep 'em coming
~Maxine♡