Chapter Thirty-Seven

Jamie's POV

Today is the day! Well... night. It is 12:30 and we are currently waking everyone up to leave for Italy. I couldn't be more excited.

My mom had to wake up early in the morning in order to get me and the twins up, as we never would have on our own.

We are currently in the process of attempting to wake up my dad.

"Dad...wake up." I say, standing over his bed.

He turns a little bit, but nothing more than that.

"David, sweetie, get up." My mom tries when he doesn't wake the first time.

"Dad!" Josh yells, very impatient to just get there.

My dad finally turns around, facing us, still blinking, the need for more sleep evident in his tired eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asks, yawning.

"We've got to go." Sammie squeals from the edge of the bed.

My dad sits up instantly, "Why? Whats wrong?"

"You'll see." My mom replies.

She had already loaded the car with all of our bags, so we just have to get up and go.

"Is everything okay?" My dad asks.

"Yes, everything is fine. we just have to go. Get dressed honey." Mom replies again, rifling through his dresser in order to find a pair of clothes.

The twins and I have already gotten ready, I wear a pair of light grey jogging pants and a black T-shirt. I pulled my hair back in a french braid and I wear a bit of concealer under my bags.

I had just called Noah, to wake him up as well. Even through his tiredness, he sounded ecstatic.

"Okay." My dad replies to my mom, looking puzzled but throwing on the grey shirt she tossed to him.

Sammie, Josh, and I rush out of the room, unable to contain our excited giggles. We head to the kitchen and finish off the muffins I had made earlier in the week.

Finally my parents come down the stairs, fully dressed and ready to go. My dad still looks concerned, and keeps asking my mom what had happened.

In order to not freak him out, and to keep the trip a surprise, all she will say is that 'he will see.'

Luckily my father is a patient man and won't push or freak out.

Soon enough we are out the door and headed to the airport.

Since it is dark out and my dad is still very overly tired, he can't exactly figure out where we are going, despite his constant looking out the window. Not to mention that the last time we went to the airport must have been over seven years ago.

I can't keep the growing smile off of my face at his confusion, as I know that once he finds out what is going on, he will be bursting with joy. This will all be worth it.

It was when I was six years old, my parents had taken us to Hawaii for my cousins wedding. It was such a good time, and an absolutely gorgeous ceremony. I can remember it like it was yesterday, all the colorful flowers and grass skirts. The exotic food. I just wish I could go back and never come home.

Soon enough, we have pulled into the parking lot of the airport and are unloading bags.

"The airport..." my dad asks, "but wh-- oh. Oh. Wait. Are we going on a trip? But... When? Where? How?"

The confusion is clear on my dad's face and we all begin to simultaneously burst into laughter.

"We're going to Italy!" Sammie screams loudly.