Chapter 6.2: Hot or Cold?

A/N: not an actual update, just tying this chapter's loose end.

Mrs. Agnosi turned out to be a very cool teacher. She had this timber that could encompass anyone to listen in her voice which was totally opposite to how she presented herself. She had also taken a shine on Sander when he explained importance of maintaining the biodiversity in each habitat. There’s a nerd in every jock I think.

“Hey, I’m thinking we should report sooner so that’ll be out of our worries.” I said while packing my things. “You ready?”

He nodded and we proceeded out of the room.

“How about the day after tomorrow?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“So are we going to study today or tomorrow?”

“Jay.” I heard Adam called running across the hallway. I paused to wait for him. When he reached us, he offered Sander with a forced smile. Sander on the other side just nodded to acknowledge his presence. Good boys, I thought.

“So today or tomorrow?” Sander repeated.

Adam eyed me questioningly.

“We’re deciding if we’re going to study today or tomorrow for a reporting.” I briefly explained.

“Tomorrow.” Adam told me.

“Why?” Sander and I chorused.

“We’re heading to Blythe later.”

“Oh I didn’t know.” I said blinking confused.

“You would if I have your number. The whole pack already said yes.”

“You’re obliging him.” Sander snapped.

“Am not when I know he wants to go.” Adam countered.

“Let’s asked him then.”

Both of them turned to me. Just when I thought it was okay, these things happen. It just made me want to sigh.

“I need to go there today, Sander.”

Sander looked crossed. His hand curled in to fist and he was ready to jump on Adam. So I touched his arm. His muscles were tensed but he felt oddly cold. But then he relaxed and ripped my hands off him.

“Fine, tomorrow then.” He hissed before he turned and left.

“Rude much.” Adam retorted, steering me to our next subject. I didn’t bother to correct him I was till shocked with how Sander’s moods generally shifted.

Adam gave me his phone and I blindly punched my number.

I craned my neck to look back at Sander for a brief moment. He was so different when we were alone. Why was he jumping between hot and cold?