Outside The Lines [boyxboy]

“Will you just stick it in already?”

                “Oliver, I can’t. It’s too big!”

                “I don’t care. Just stick it in!”

                “I’m telling you that it’s too big to fit!”

                “Well, try!”

                “Fine!”

                I pushed forward and Oliver moved up, grunting as he tried to help me. We both gave up after Oliver finally realized that it wasn’t going to fit.

                “Well, now what?” Oliver asked with a frown.

                I shrugged. “Now I put my gym bag in the locker room,” I said, letting the giant bag drop to my feet.

                “You can’t! Thalia’s stuff is in the bag,” Oliver reminded.

                “Well, then I’ll take her stuff out and she can put it in the girl’s locker room,” I said, bending down and unzipping the bag.

                “Here she comes,” Oliver said, nodding.

                I looked over and saw Thalia bounding down the hallway. She stopped in front of us and glanced at me curiously.

                “The gym bag didn’t fit in your locker?” she asked.

                I shook my head and straightened up, holding her clothes out to her. “Not with our stuff and Oliver’s stuff in it. So I’m just going to put it in the locker room.”

                She took her gym clothes from me and shrugged. “No big deal. I’m going to go put these in the locker room. I’ll be right back.”

                “Wait for us at my locker, Thalia. We’re going to go stick our bag in the locker room too,” I said.

                Oliver and I made our way to the boys’ locker room and went inside. We zigzagged through the rows of lockers until we came to the one we shared.

                Oliver put in the combination and held the locker open for me. I shoved the gym bag in there, relieved when it fit.

                “Finally,” I said as Oliver shut the locker, clicking the lock into place.

                “I’ll say. I still can’t believe it was too big to fit in a regular locker,” he said with a sigh, sitting down on the bench.

                I sat next to him, bending down to tie my shoe. Two guys entered the row and opened up their lockers, probably getting changed for first period gym class.

                “But did you see what he was wearing?” one of the guys asked, shaking his head.

                “What he always wears. It looks like the rainbow threw up on him,” his friend said with a shrug.

                Oliver and I glanced at each other and rolled our eyes. It didn’t take much imagination to know who these two guys were talking about. There was only one boy in our entire school who ever looked like the rainbow had thrown up on him.

                Oliver and I stood up and left the locker room, going over to Thalia who was already waiting for us. She pushed herself off of my locker and met us halfway.