Outside The Lines {19}

***Theo’s POV***

                “I just want to know what happened to his face,” Thalia said as we ate dinner. “I asked Kim, but she wouldn’t tell me. Dimitri just put it off as a joke.”

                “Maybe he deserved it,” I said, and winced when Thalia hit me.

                “Thalia, don’t hit Theo. Even if he does deserve it,” my mom said with a sigh.

                “Theo, you can’t even joke about it. You saw how bruised Dimitri’s face was,” Thalia said, concern in her eyes.

                I turned my head so that she couldn’t see my guilty expression. “Yea, well, maybe he just pissed off the wrong person.”

                Alek hadn’t talked to me at all today. She was pretending that I didn’t exist. I guess I now fell into the same category as her brother.

                “Can we talk about something other than Dimitri?” I asked. I still felt guilty over him getting hit because of our relationship.

                “Let’s talk about your grades, Theo,” dad said.

                “So how about that Dimitri Ivanov?” I said enthusiastically.

                “Nice try, but no. Your math grades suck,” he said simply.

                “Maybe Dimitri can tutor him,” Thalia said, waggling her eyebrows at me.

                “I’d rather fail,” I grumbled.

                “I don’t care if a walrus tutors you. Just get your grades up. You’re dangerously close to failing math. Even if you have to copy off of Oliver, get your grades up,” dad said with a sigh.

                “Yea, yea, yea,” I said. I stood up and put my dishes in the sink before heading up to my bedroom.

                I laid down on my bed, pulling Dimitri’s scarf out from under my pillows and wrapping it around my neck. I inhaled his wonderful scent and smiled a little.

                I rolled over on my side, my thoughts running. I could ask Dimitri out on another date tomorrow. We could get dinner again, and maybe hang out at the park or something since going to his house probably wasn’t the safest idea anymore. We could just relax and talk and spend time together.

                Smiling at the thought, I allowed myself to drift off to sleep.

                                                                                                ***

                “Dimitri, your face looks a little better,” Thalia said, pointing at his cheek where the bruise was healing. The one on his jaw was still bad, though. But his cheek and the corner of his eye appeared to be doing much better than yesterday.

                “Russian remedies,” he said, playing with the edge of his scarf.

                Today, Dimitri was wearing bright yellow skinny jeans. He had on an incredibly trippy shirt that almost hurt my eyes to look at, with its wild and vivid swirling colors. He had on a light blue scarf that brought out the color of his frosty eyes. He had on his usual bracelets, make up, and nail polish. He had on his sparkly rainbow Vans, and his hair was up in its usual glittery purple fohawk.