Outside The Lines {3}

“I DID THE WRONG THING TO THE RIGHT GIRL,” I shouted.

                “IT WAS YOUR WORLD BABY AND I JUST LIVED IN IT,” Thalia shouted.

                “PLEASE, PLEASE BABY COME BACK,” Oliver shouted.

                We laughed as I pulled into my driveway and put the car in park. We got out of the car and made our way into the house.

                We kicked our shoes off and went into the living room. We stretched ourselves out on the couches in the living room.

                “I’m hungry,” Oliver announced.

                “Let’s make some pizza rolls,” I offered.

                “We also have chips and cookies!” Thalia reminded me.

                “Theo! Thalia! I hope that you two are not planning on pigging out on junk food,” our mom said sternly, stepping into the living room.

                Thalia and I, for being fraternal twins, looked a lot alike. We got most of our looks from our mother. We had the same rounded features as her, the same strong jaw, the same eye shape and wet-green eye color.

                We got our chestnut colored hair from our father, but our mom’s physical traits seemed determined to show up however they could. We had natural blond steaks through our hair.

                Our mom currently looked like she always did- stunningly beautiful. Her golden blond hair was down in ringlets, just past her shoulders. She wore a black dress that hugged her body, and a light coat of make-up to bring out her features.

                “Never mother,” I said, flashing her an innocent smile.

                “Well, your father and I have to go out for a dinner meeting with his boss tonight. Here, take some money and go buy yourselves a healthy dinner. And pay for Oliver too,” she said, handing us $50.

                Oliver was always around our house. We had grown up with him, and our parents looked at him like their third child.

                “Mama Light, we’d rather just snack,” Oliver said, shooting her a charming smile.

                “Oliver, you and Theo and Thalia are going to go eat a real dinner!” she said, using her firm mother-said-so voice.

                “Can’t argue with that. I’m starving,” Thalia said, jumping up and pulling me with her.

                “Make sure it’s something healthy Thalia,” mom said, watching as Thalia began to drag me out of the room.

                “Potatoes are healthy, right?” I asked.

                Mom nodded, smiling. “Yes! Potatoes are very healthy.”

                “Good, because French fries are made out of potatoes. Therefore, French fries are healthy,” I said, nodding to myself.

                “Theodore!” she said in annoyance.

                I snickered and let Thalia pull me out of the living room, Oliver following us. We went outside and got in the car, pulling out of the driveway.