Chapter 4

Back To Your POV

“So how old are you?” Sophia asked me. She was the one that lead me out of the house.

“Ummm.. In a couple of months I will be turning eighteen,” I said.

“So you’re seventeen and you are a highly trained high paid assassin, how the hell does that work?” She asked.

“Well, my mother was the best of the best in her time, and as soon as I could walk I was put into classes to teach me to be as good as her. By the time I was eleven I was good enough to kick anyone’s ass, trust me no one would mess with me. My first playground brawl I actually got the guy sent to the emergency room. After that it was just second nature to me,”

“We think that there is a reason for that,” Said Brian (He was the one that said we had to talk, all they did was run some tests on me, nothing to serious) “We have your test results back. Did you know that you were adopted?”

“Brother says what?” I said totally shocked.

“Either you were adopted or your mother isn’t what you think she is. You are not human. You are what we like to call a Hybrid.”

“A hybrid of what exactly?” I asked really freaked out.

“Of the Queen of Witches and the King of all Demons. You are both the strongest forces of good and evil combined in one person,”

“No way that is total bullshit!! I am human God damn it!!”

“Have you ever noticed that you have no problem punishing those who need it? That is the evil in you. But at the same time there is no way that you could hurt someone doesn’t deserve it? That is the good in you. You will become the most powerful thing that the world will ever see.”

“Shut the hell up, I am a human assassin, just like my mother was” I was getting mad, very mad. I mean these people were trying to tell me that my whole life has been nothing but I lie; that I wasn’t even human. I could feel this fire burning inside of me as my anger grew with each passing second.

“You want proof, well here it is,” He held a mirror up in front of my face and I could see that my eyes were completely black, like my pupils have taken over my entire eye.

I couldn’t handle it anymore, I was still burning inside and I had to get away from here. The next thing I knew I was running so fast that the entire world seemed like a total blur. When I finally calmed down enough I had no idea where I was or how far I had run but I was just glad to be away from them.

I walked into a small town and checked my reflection in a nearby window to see that my eyes were back to normal. I walked into a nearby diner and ordered a vanilla milkshake. I was sitting there just enjoying it when I started to hear these random voices.

‘Wow that girl is hott, wonder if I should go and try to talk to her. New she is way out of my league’

‘What the hell happened to her, she looks like she has seen a ghost’

‘What should I make for supper; we had chicken last night so I think I will make tacos tonight’

‘God I hate this job’

‘What do I want there are so many good choices on this menu’

It actually took me a minute to figure out that I was hearing the thoughts of the people around me. I really started to freak out; people were now looking at me and thinking about me more and more. Some even thought that I was an escaped mental patient.

I left some money one the table and then quickly exited the diner and began to run back the way I came. But just my luck, my super speed wouldn’t kick in. This is going to take forever.

I don’t know how long I have been running but I just didn’t want to stop. As I was running I heard footsteps coming towards me. This freaked me out so I put everything I had left into running faster. But then I heard my name being called.

I turned around and noticed that it was one of the guys from the clearing. He came and stood beside me.

“Wow, we have been looking for you, do you want a lift back?” He asked me.

I was tired so I let him. He picked me up and super sped back to where everyone else was.

“Ahh, Chayla glad to have you back,” Brian said as the guy put me back on the ground.

“What the hell did you do to me,” I yelled getting right into his face.

“I did nothing but inform you of who and what you really are,” He said not the least bit scared of me.

“I can fucking read minds, I couldn’t do that before, I think you did something to me when you did those so called tests,” I yelled at him.

“Ah, so the telepathy has kicked in. That was your mothers most prized power, to know what everyone was going to do before they actually did it.” He said to me.

“Well, how the hell do I turn in off, I really don’t want to know the sexual things these asses are thinking about, especially the ones that involve me,” I said glaring at the guy that was standing beside Brian.

“You can’t shut it off so to speak, but you can learn how to control it. You just have to focus on not hearing it and block the things out of your mind. Picture putting mental walls around your brain to block out all the thoughts that aren’t yours.”

I tried I really tried but it wasn’t working and I think I was slowly losing my mind. I tried harder, I focused on everything that wasn’t mine and pictured me putting them into boxes, each one into a box and then closing those boxes so that the only thing in my mind was me.

“You’re lucky I got them to shut up old man, or it was going to be your head,” I said and right then I realized how tired I truly was because everything went black.