Chapter 9

I was driving back and to tell you the truth I think I was scoring poor little Kaleb who was sitting in the passenger seat.

“Holy sh!t!!! You know you can slow this thing down a little right?” He said holding onto his seat just a little bit tither.”

“Yeah but what would be the fun in that?” I said as I made another sharp corner doing about 180 km/h. We got home in record time and I think that if he could Kaleb would be having a heart attack.

“Never again are we going to let you drive,” He said as he was getting out of the car,

“Oh come on it’s a Lamborghini your supposed to drive it fast. Besides you’ll let me drive again and you know it,” I said getting up and whispering it in his ear.

I left him standing there and I took the stuff up stairs and fixed the pile of cloths that were just sitting where my dresser was. I came out of the shower and once attain Gabriel was sitting on the end of the bed.

“Get the fuck out of my room,” I said as I walked into the closet to get some cloths.

“Come on Mary, you know you liked it. I just don’t get why the f*ck you had to freak out the way that you did. I mean f*ck, and where the hell did you learn to bite so hard,” He said once I came out of the closet.

“I didn’t like it, and I freaked out because I don’t like someone forcing themselves onto me. And I bit so hard because it was the only way to get you off of me,” I yelled at him.

“Hey is everything okay in here I hear yelling?” Kaleb asked as he came flying into the room.

“It’s nothing, Gabriel here was just leaving,” I said as I walked back into the bathroom to put my hair up and get ready for bed.

“Are you sure you’re okay, you look a little shook up and you seem pretty upset,” he said.

“I’m fine, really it’s okay,” I said crawling into bed,”ut thank you for worrying about me.”

Before he left he kissed me on the cheek and then walked out of the room. I had a nightmore that night, it was about one of the times that I first got captured. And why I don’t like people forcing themselves onto me.

I woke up with a start and was covered in a thin layer of sweat. I couldn’t get back to sleep and I did the only thing that I could think of at the moment.

“Kaleb are you awake?” I asked as I knocked on his door, “Man this is stupid,” I said and turned to leave just as the door opened.

“Mary, what are you doing here?” He said leaning against the door frame.”

“Well.. you see… never mind,” I muttered out.

“You can come in,” he said stepping away from the door and allowed me into the room. We walked over to the bed and allowed me to get in beside him.

“No funny things now. I just didn’t want to be alone right now,” I said laying on the other side of the bed.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No I just want to go to sleep, but thanks for the offer” I said and then fell into a dreamless sleep.

“I woke up the next morning and found Kaleb’s arm around my waist. I decided to leave it alone, so I just got up and went to my room and got ready for the rest of the day.

I was down in the kitchen earing some breakfast when Kaleb came running in.

“Are you looking for someone?” I asked almost on the brink of laughter.

“Well… Ummm?” He stuttered scratching the back of his head, “Well when you weren’t there this morning I thought that maybe you were mad at me for the way that I slept.”

“You knew you were sleeping like that? I said getting up and shoving my chair back acting like I was mad.

“Well… I…. You see….” He stuttered backing away from me.

“I thought I warned you no funny things,” I said taking some more steps towards him.

“Don’t… Don’t…” He was still stuttering and backing away.

I caught him and I was staring at him giving him one of my best death glares before I broke out in laughter. “Man I really had you going there didn’t I?”

“Holy sh!t Mary! You really had me going I thought you were going to kill me,” He said finally breaking into a smile, “I will get you back for this later. You should watch your back. For now though, I will meet you at training.”

I made training even more brutal this time because Kaleb tried to threaten me, After my long shower I walked out and decided to put on a light sundress for the rest of the afternoon seeing as how it was a very nice day out for the middle of September.

I went for a walk in the garden when I bumped into Kaleb who was sitting by one of the fountains. He called me over and I sat beside him.

“Hey do you want to talk about why you came to my room last night?” He asked not really looking me in the eye. I think he was nervous, or was expecting something out of this. Too bad that he is going to be getting something out of it, just not what he was expecting.

“Well I think that the reason I came to your room is because… Well, I feel safe with you,” I said pretending to be really nervous right now.

“I don’t know is I believe that seeing as how you can kick my ass, how the hell do you feel safe with me?” He said looking my in the eye, I would almost say that he looked a little sad.

“Not that kind of safe. It was more like an emotional kind of safe, I was having a really hard night last night and I thought of you and I relaxed a little. So I thought that if thinking of you brought that much relief then being with you would make help me that much more,” I told him and to add to the nervous kick I tried to walk away from him.

He got up and grabbed my arm, I ‘tried’ to pull away but he wouldn’t let me go. He spun me around and pulled me into him. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled myself closer.