Chapter 17

My running took me to where the base camp thing was and Brian was there to greet me.

“Chayla this is a surprise what are you doing here?” He asked taking in my appearance.

“I don’t really know but while I am here there are somethings that I learned that the King has been trying to keep under lock and key for the past six hundred years,” I told Brain everything that I learned about the Queen apparently everyone out side of the inner circle was just told that the Queen had died during child birth and the child also didn’t survive.

“So you mean to tell me that there is a Lycan out there that is part of the Vampire hierarchy. Wow that is intense. Anyways it has been about an hour since you arrived here don’t you think you should be getting back,” Brian asked me looking rather curious.

“Actually I want to stay here tonight things there are just getting a little crowded,” He said I could stay but I don’t thing he was to happy with my choice.

I have now been here for two days and Brian is now forcing my to go back, didn’t want me to ruin his perfect plan. I guess I didn’t want to ruin it either, I mean then all of this would have been for nothing. When I got back it was about two in the morning and I was sneaking in my room only to find Kaleb sitting on the end of my bed. He looked as if he hadn’t slept or eaten since I left.

“I see you finally decided to come back,” He said rather harshly. Though I really did deserve it and more.

“Kaleb I...” I tried to explain but the words weren’t coming to me.

“You what Mary... HUH!!!” He said standing up and rushing towards me.

“I don’t know what to say. I am sorry that I ran away but I just wasn’t expecting that,” I said hoping that I didn’t have to do what I was actually planning on saying.

“You weren’t expecting what, I asked if it was okay and you said it was,” He said looking like he was now on the verge of breaking down.

“‘I know and it was wonderful that was not what I was talking about. I mean I didn’t expect what I felt in the morning,”

“What did you feel?”

“Warmth and happiness and and...” I just couldn’t bring myself to say it when it wasn’t true but I hope he got what I was implying.

“How do you think I felt. I thought you felt regret or remorse or something like that I mean you were gone for two day, what the hell did you do run around the world or what. I just, I poured my soul to you, made love to you and then you just disappear.” He said walking away from me and back to the bed, where I went and sat down beside him and took his hand in mine.

“I am truly sorry for running away, I really am. I don’t regret what happened that night. It was one of the best night of my life. I just... Well I don’t handle feelings very well, I have spent my life running away from them actually. But it seems that they all caught up to me that morning and it scared me. I didn’t know what else to do so I did what I always did... I ran.”

“I am just glad that you came back, but I know that night was amazing I just want to slow things down so I don’t know... I don’t scare you away again. And so that I can really figure out what exactly I am feeling for you and what you are feeling for me,” He said kissing the back of my hand.

“That would be perfect,” I said and just smiled at him, “But now if you don’t mind I am going to go and have a shower, I really need one.”

With that I walked into the bathroom and heard Kaleb walk out of my room.

Wow, that was very awkward. Hopefully I don’t have to go through something like that again anytime soon.