Chapter 24

"Mary where are you?" Kaleb called out.

I was currently hiding in the library. I didn't think he would look for me there. Ever since I woke up he hasn't let me leave his sight and it was driving me insane. I had to get away from him, get some time to think about how I am going to get my self out of this predicament.

I wish I knew how to get ahold of my 'mother' she just dumped all of this shit on my head and expected me to know what to do. But I didn't, and for the first time that I can remember I was unsure of myself and even a little worried about what the future might hold for me.

"Oh Mary there you are, didn't you hear me yelling for you?"

Shit, I was so deep in my thoughts that i didn't here the door open and Kaleb walk in.

"No, sorry I must of been off in my own world," I said, not a complete lie.

"Oh, well I was wondering if you wanted to go and get some supper with me?"

"Sure sounds great," I said putting on a fake smile and followed him out of the library and to the dinning room where he already had the food set out for us.

"Thank you," I said as he pulled my chair out for me. I said down and quickly started eating. We didn't talk, the only thing that could be heard was the sounds of us eating.

"So, why did you run off today?" He asked, I knew he had been wondering that for a long time.

"Just needed some alone time to think," I said hoping that he wouldn't press the matter but knowing that it was futile.

"Think about what?"

"Nothing, everything, anything... I don't know, I just seem to be a little confused lately. I mean, someone attacked us and we still have no lead on who, I find out that I have some hidden magical powers, and I don't know, I guess I just needed some alone time with my thoughts,"

"Oh, I see," with that he went back to eating his food.

"So what do you want to do now?" He asked.

"Well, I was going to go for a run, it always helped to clear my head when i could go for a run,"

"Okay I will come with you,"

"No, please I really just need to be alone for a bit,"

"You think I am going to let you go out running alone when there is someone out there that attacked us? I don't think so," He said getting mad.

"Well, I didn't really ask for your opinion now did I," I said getting mad at him, I just wanted him to leave me alone, "I am going to go and you are going to wait here. I might be gone for a while so don't worry."

I turned and tried to walk away but he wouldn't let me.

"I already said that you are not going out there on your own,"

"And I replied by saying that I don't give a shit about what you think or want. I am going and you are going to let me because you have no power over me," I said ripping my arm out of his grasp and heading to my room so I could grab my running stuff.

I turned around to leave my room and Kaleb was standing there, "If you follow me, I swear to all that is powerful, I will NEVER kiss you again," I said setting him with my best evil stare.

"Fine!" he said through clenched teeth.

"Trust me, this will be best for both of us. I just, well in truth, need to get away for a while," I said looking him in the eyes.

"But why?" He asked, I could tell he was worried that I was going to leave him.

"Because I need time to breath, if you let me leave now, that I promise you that I will return, it may be in a few days, but I will be back. If you make me stay here then I will run again, and if that happens I can't promise I will return," I could see the hurt in his eyes, but I could also see he was beginning to undertand.