Chapter 27

It was time, the ball was starting tonight and I was nervous. I was hoping that everything was going to turn out alright, but I knew that I had to plan for the worse. If you always hope for the best you will be disappointed when it never happens.

I had spent the last few weeks working on Kaleb's mind, compelling him to accept his brother. I felt bad messing with his mind, but it was the only way that this was going to work out. If I didn't he would be too angry over the death of his father to allow his brother to rule by his side.

"Are you nervous?" Kaleb asked coming and putting his arms around my waste resting his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I may be able to kick anyone’s ass, but parties make me nervous," I said looking at him through the mirror.

"You will do fine, and you look amazing," he said kissing my cheek.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a tight corset top. The skirt was a puffy 'Princess'style. But, what you couldn't see is that the skirt came off and I had a pair of pants on underneath. I didn't want to go through this fight in a dress. I didn't think that that would work very well.

"Yeah, you look pretty dashing yourself Kaleb," I said turning in his arms and giving him a quick peck on the lips. Had to keep up the act, couldn't risk him finding out.

Though he didn't like the simple peck, he quickly pulled me to his chest and deepened the kiss. I felt his tongue running across my lip when there was a knock on the door.

"Prince, it is time to go," Someone yelled through the door.

"Always something," He chuckled giving me a peck on the lips before taking my hand and leading us to the ball room.

"Now introducing his highness Kaleb Santiago and his guest Ms. Mary Johnston," The guy announced as he opened the door.

I always hated this part. When there were this many people staring at me I always felt like there was one that could see through my disguise, they could see the real me and the plans that I was making.

It’s a good thing that I was a master of disguise and deception.

We have been walking around and meeting everyone that was in the room and trust me that was a lot of fucking people. I didn't care who they were so why did they have to care who I was.

"Do you want to dance?" Kaleb asked me.

"Oh yes please," I said grabbing his hand and leading me to the center of the floor.

"I figured you would want a break from all of the introductions," he said chuckling at me.

"Yeah, it’s your fault. If I wasn't here with you then they wouldn't want to meet me," I said giving him a fake glare.

"Sorry, but I couldn't picture coming here with anyone one else. You are the most beautiful person in this room. Scratch that, you are always the most beautiful person in a room," He whispered in my ear.

"Thank you," I said resting my head on his shoulder.

I don't know how long we were dancing but eventually I was pulled away to talk to the king.

"Is there something wrong Sir," I asked when I was standing in front of him.

"Not really just had to get you away for a minute,"

I gave him a very confused look, before I heard someone on the stage.

"I would like to thank you all for coming, I am hoping to make this ball the best ball of my life," Kaleb said standing on the stage in front of everyone.

Oh God please no...

I quickly peered into his mind I had to make sure I was right before panicking, and I was right.

"Oh I hope she says yes..."

Shit...                               

"Brain... Brian you have to move now, make the distraction,"

"But it isn't time?"

"Please, you have too, there is going to be a bit of a situation in here is you don't,"

"Okay.."

I hope he did it in time I really didn't want to have to deal with this and I couldn't think of any other way to deal with this without breaking him.

"I am hoping to make this night a night to remember,"

Oh, it's going to be.

"Most of you have met my date tonight, the most radiant girl in this room, Mary Johnston. This is one of the most amazing girls I have ever met. She is strong and fierce and just the strangest girl that I have ever met. She will put me in my place and then make me swoon in the same sentence. I don't know where I would be without her, she is my trainer, my friend, and my soul mate and now I would ask her to..." Luckily he didn't to finish as some of the guards came running into the room.

"We are under attack!"