Chapter 13

Kaleb’s POV

I was mad after training today. I finally hit Mary and she is mad at me because I care if I hurt her or not. I mean what the hell is up with that, of course she has to then rub it in my face the fact that I have feeling or some shit like that. I don’t get that women at all, it’s like nothing I do matters.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I wasn’t looking where I was going and managed to run into someone.

“You should watch where you’re going son,” My father said as I picked myself up off of the ground.

“Sorry father, I guess I was just caught up in my thoughts,” I said scratching the back of my head.

“Were you thinking about that girl that you are seeing?” He asked.

“Yeah I just don’t understand her, it’s like nothing I do is good enough for her. I just don’t get women,” I said.

“Son I am over four thousand years old and I still don’t get women. But the one you have is special. I would just keep an eye on her if I were you,”

“Why do you say that father?”

“There is something different about her. She is not one of us yet she has our strength and speed. She says that it is in her genetics but no one can figure out exactly what those genetics are. She is just a mystery.”

“Do you want me to try and find out more about her?” I asked hoping he would say no, I didn’t really want to go prying in my girlfriends past.

“No, that is all right son, I don’t want you to do anything that might ruin your relationship, I haven’t seen you this happy in a long time.”

“Thank you father I will talk to you later,” I left and went to go and have a shower then to find Mary and ask her to dinner. I was going to cook for her again.

*Some time later*

I was in a bad mood. Mary is going on some mission to bring my Uncle and his family here. That put me in a bad mood for more then one reason, first the fact that Mary would put her life in danger like that. I get that she is good, and that she is a commander in the army and everything but she could still get killed. She just doesn’t understand what she means to me.

The other reason is the fact that my Uncle and his family were coming. I love my Uncle and everything its that son of theirs, Theodore, he was always mad that I was the Prince. He always wants what I have and I don’t want him to try and take Mary from me.

It has been an hour and a half since Mary was supposed to be back. I was heading to the court yard to talk to Marcus to see if he had heard anything when I saw Mary.

She was covered in blood and it looked like she had a set of claw marks across her stomach. She looked up and noticed that I was standing there looking at her and I couldn’t hold my tongue.

“Simple mission my ass, what the fuck happened to you” I said. Shit I should have been more considerate I mean look at her it looks like she was about to cry.

Back To Your POV

“Listen Kaleb,” I spat out getting mad at him, “I have had a rough night and I would just like to go and wash this night away. So if you would get the fuck out of my way I would leave.”

“I am sorry that was rude. I was just a little angered at seeing you like that. Who did this to you? What happened out there?” He asked trying to bring my into a hug. I let him, I just wanted to be comforted at that moment.

“I don’t want to talk about it right now,” I mumbled into his chest, “I am going to have a shower and I would like it if you would stay with me tonight. I don’t think I should be left alone.”

I went and had a long shower trying to just wash away the night. I got out of the bathroom dressed in my nightgown to see Kaleb sitting on my bed waiting for me.

I crawled into the bed and he followed. He then pulled my into his chest and I laid like that feeling slightly at ease.