Chapter 23

*Mary's POV*

"Your my what?" I asked looking at the woman in front of me.

"I am your mother, your birth mother,"

"Fuck, this is just another dream, just another fucked up dream," I muttered to myself.

"No my child, this is real. This was the only way that i could talk to you,"

"Yeah, because your a dream, a figment of my imagination," I said again.

"The rest of this was yes, it was a dream that brought you to me, but this is real. I need to talk to you, and this was the only way that I could,"

"Wait, you were the one that attacked us in the Garden" I accused, the pieces beginning to fall into place.

"Yes, I sent the archer after you, that is how they were able to get passed the guards, they are all very gifted,"

"If you were after me, why was the shot aimed at Kaleb?"

"Because my child, I knew that you would protect him, even if it meant harming yourself. It was the only sure way to hit you with the drug,"

"Stop saying that," I said through my teeth.

"Saying what?" she asked looking confused.

"'my child' I am not your child. My mother was a human assassin, she loved me, not you. You are not my mother," I yelled at her.

"Yes, you were raised by a human, but it is my blood and power that flows through your body. I am your mother whether you want to admit it or not,"

"Fine, you got me here, and I am guessing it is not to argue about you being my mother so what is it exactly that you want from me?" I asked her.

"I need you to stop what you are doing,"

"You are going to have to be a little more clear about tat one," I said glaring at her.

"You need to stop this plan that you have set in motion. You are going to cause more harm than good. You are setting in motion the destruction of the worlds,"

"And how am I exactly doing that?"

"Your betrayal to Kaleb is going to set him in a killing spree the likes of which the world has never seen. You are going to crush him, and because of that he is going to wage war on everyone.

"Bullshit, he is not that infatuated with me,"

"But my daughter, you know that he is. He has already fallen for you and the longer you continue on this path the more he is going to fall until it ends with the destruction of everything,"

"I don't believe you,"

"Then.... Let me show you," She placed her hand on my head and images began flashing in my mind.

"We have taken the city, what is your next move your majesty?" A commander asked... Kaleb?

It did not look like him, his eyes where dark and hollow, there was no life in them, no happiness, no sympathy, just pain and anger.

"Kill them all," I want no survivors.

"Sir?"

"You heard me," with that the commander ran off to follow through with the orders of his King.

I looked at the scene before me and all I saw was death and destruction. Building were on fire and blood stains were seen all over the building and roads. i could hear the screams of the innocent people in the distance, but there was going to be no mercy for them.

I was pulled back in to reality, or at least the reality where I found my mother.

"All of that is because of... me?"

"Yes, as you can see he does not take your betrayalwell and he destroys the world looking for you. Anything to make you feel the same way that he is feeling,"

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked tears forming in my eyes. i didn't want any of this, I thought I was doing the right thing.

"That my child, is what you have to decide. I have shown you the outcome of your actions, now it is your turn to find your path. I must go now and you must return to your world,"

"Wait, tell me what to do? Please!" I shouted to the faiding image of my mother.

"Follow your instincts my child," and with that she disappeared from my view.

I woke with a start sitting up in the bed. my quick movement cause Kaleb to fall out of his chair as he was resting his head beside me on the bed.

"Mary?" he asked looking at me like he was seeing a ghost.

"MARY!" He shouted pulling me into a bone crushing hug. His shout attracted the Kind, Lord and Marcus, they came running into the room at full speed.

"Whoa, where's the fire guys,"

"Mary," Marcus said coming over and giving me a hug, "its good to see you awake."

"How long was I out?"

"About a week and a half," The King said.

"Oh," was all I could say. "So, what happened while I was gone?"

"Well, that is something we have to talk to you about. but later, after you have rested."

"Sir, with all due respect I have been asleep for the last week and a half, I don't think I need any more rest,"

"If you insist. While you were out you seemed to have accessed some telekinetic power and we need to know if you knew about this and was keeping it from us?"

Now because he was a vampire, he could sense when I was lieing, or when my emotions changed to quickly.

Keeping everything as 'surprised' as I could i answered the king, "What do you mean, telekinetic abilities?"

"While you were under things began flying around the room, it was at the same time as your heart rate monitor began to change, we deduced that it was you causing it,"

"Your, majesty, i swear to you that I had no idea that I had anything like that. If I did I would have been using it, for example I would have stopped the arrow from hitting me in the first place."

"I suppose your right, though we are going to see if you can tap into that ability again. For now, I think my Son would enjoy being able to talk to you now that you are able to answer back,"

With that everyone but Kaleb left the room.

"I missed you," He said leaning in and giving me a small kiss on the lips.

How am I going to get out of this? I thought as I smiled back up at him.