16. Don't Stay With Him

Derek swiftly dragged me up the stairs of the familiar mansion. It was the same place he'd brought me to after the lightning storm. But now it seemed all the more deadly.

Anger radiated off of him in crashing waves and I was sure I was officially dead. Though, I hadn't a clue what just happened back at the museum. Glowing things and fire-shooting hands were not my strong point.

Magic.

The word kept repeating in my head, but this time I couldn't find a way to deny it. What else could have caused that thing to start moving and glowing and catch fire? But the magic part of it all wasn't what surprised me the most. It was the part that it was my magic that caused it.

Derek jerked open a bedroom door and threw me inside before quickly following and locking the door behind him. He began agitatedly pacing the room, running his hands through his hair. I scrambled over to the wall opposite him and leaned against it, watching him fearfully as he moved swiftly across the length of the room. Then he stopped and turned slowly towards me, the movement sending horrid shivers of terror down my spine. He began stalking towards me and I attempted to move away, but he only grabbed my waist and slammed me up against the wall.

"You are so lucky I love you, Morgana." He hissed darkly.

My eyes widened as they noticed that his were a midnight black, soulless as they gazed down at me with a dark burning fire. I swallowed nervously as his fingers began gradually tracing the veins on my neck.

"You killed my brother, Morgana." He murmured darkly.

"I didn't mean to." I said weakly. This side of Derek absolutely petrified me.

"I know." He whispered. "Oh, I know. I should have been more cautious. I should have warned you. I shouldn't have let you get so far away."

I bit my lip and flit my eyes away from his nervously as I caught his gaze fall down to my lips. I clenched my eyes tightly as he leaned towards me and inhaled deeply. He mumbled in satisfaction and I shuddered in revulsion.

"Morgana." He murmured lowly.

I tried to move away from him but just then he slammed his lips down on mine, devouring my mouth with a vicious ferocity. I gasped and he took the moment to side his tongue into my mouth. I struggled desperately against him, attempting to shove him off of me as he pressed himself tighter against me. A sharp pain shot through my back and I whimpered faintly, but he ignored me and pushed against my lips so hard I was sure they would bruise.

He pulled away then, breathing heavily as his dark eyes stared down at me. I jolted away from him, but he slammed me back up against the wall, sending shooting pains through my body.

"Kiss back." He snarled viciously, leaning back towards me.

I turned my head away from his but he gripped my chin and forced me to look back at him and his searing gaze.

"Kiss me, Morgana." He commanded sharply.

"No." I breathed.

He slammed his fist against the wall by my head and abruptly pulled me into him, turning me around so I stood away from the wall. My head tilted up to look at him as he held my struggling form tight against him.

"That's not a choice." He hissed, swiftly bringing his lips down on mine again.

I felt the stinging of tears in my eyes but refused to let them out as I mumbled uselessly against him. Then I managed to push him back, and turned away from him, but he grabbed my arm and spun me back around before shoving me harshly towards the bed. I cried out as my side slammed into the edge of the bed and fell to the floor as Derek purposely strode towards me.