Chapter 7

-Candace

I walked into the office. I haven't been here for a month cause I knew Justin needed space and I know I'm his assistant so I got him a gay male to take my spot until I came back.

I walked into the office and Justin was on the phone. He looked up at me and frowned.

Either he wasn't expecting me or doesn't like my outfit. He's been treating me like I'm single so I'll ask like it.

I'm wearing a low cut black blouse with a short black skirt and black pumps.

I sat down at my desk and turned on my computer.

"Yeah I'll see you at three. I have to go". Justin said and hung up. 

He wouldn't stop staring at me.

"What Justin"? I stared back.

"Candace what the hell are you wearing. This is a place of business not a strip club".

I gasped and stood up. I walked over to his desk and bent over.

"Justin you know what. This past month you have been so distant and treating me like I don't exist. That your family doesn't exist. You don't even know what's been happening in your family".

I sighed and stood up straight.

"Justin you missed Jason's first day of school. You didn't have to hold him while he cried for his daddy to take him to class. And Jules she made the cheerleading squad. Oh and don't forget about Jillian who cries almost every night".

His face softened.

"Let me not forget Jeremiah. He thinks you don't love us anymore. He was praying yesterday asking God to bring you back home. He's scared to cry in front of me Justin. The only person he wants is his dad and can't have him cause you are never there".

"Can-".

I cut him off. "Justin I know it's hard on you about losing your dad but don't let your kids grow through this without you. They need you and you need them. And when you want to talk I'll be home. I feel sluty wearing this".

I walked over to my desk and grabbed my stuff.

"Baby"? He called.

I looked at him.

"I love you". He said

I'm not going to show any emotions even though I'm happy that he finally said it.

"See you at home Justin".

I walked out of his office and closed the door and smiled.

-Justin

Man I feel like shit. My kids going through the same as me and I'm not even there to help. I'm a horrible father and husband.

I did exactly what my dad said I was going to do. I broke his promise. Damn it

I walked in the house. I didn't hear anything except small feet coming down the hall.

Jamie came over and hugged my leg. Looking up at me.

"Daddy are you better yet".

I bent down. "Daddy is much better".

I picked her up. "Where is everyone"?

"Mommy cooking with Jules. Jacob on phone Jason doing homework. Jillian too. And Jeremiah don't talk to nobody daddy. He was quite I think he broke".

I kissed her forehead. "Daddy will talk to him and you go play".

I put her down and she ran off.

I walked into the kitchen and Jules was helping Candace cooking.

"Dad"! Jules seemed surprised.

I gave her a side hug and kissed the top of her head.

"I heard your on the cheer squad. I don't know about that. Boys looking at you while you cheer in those short skirts. No I say no".

Jules laughed and walked to the refrigerator. "He's baaaaack". She sang making Candace laugh.

I walked behind her and hugged her. "Baby I'm so sorry. I love you so much". I kissed her cheek.

She turned around and slapped me. And when I say slap she slapped the shit out of me. I held my face.

"Whoa". Jules said.

"Candace what the hell".

"Justin Hale you may think just cause you apologized everything is fine. Huh? No it's not you left your family. We are going through this together".

She closed her eyes and blew out a big breath then opened her eyes. And grabbed my shoulders.

"I love you so much Justin but next time you do this I'm going to do more than slap you".

"I guess I really deserved that".

I grabbed her face and kissed her.

"Can you two not do that in front of me"? Jules said.

We pulled away and Candace rubbed my cheek. "Sorry about the slap baby".

"It's fine. Is it bad"?

"Bad? Dad moms handprint is on your face". Jules said laughing.

"Jules hush and get him some ice please".

"Baby you hit like a man forreal". I smiled.

"I fought a lot back in the day". She giggled.

I kissed her cheek. "I'm going to talk to Jeremiah".

"Good". She turned around and fixed cutting potatoes.

I smacked her ass and walked out of the kitchen.

"You guys are so gross". I heard Jules say.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...
.
.
.

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Vote Comment Share.