Monday, October 5th

Today was a bit of an eventful day at school. We got a new girl. Her name's Alexandria, but she likes to be called Alex. She's one of those weird girls. I don't know how to describe her style except for tumblr. She's sort of a brat too. She kept complaining about our "tiny Illinois school" and how her "large California school" was so much better.

Justin's totally in love with her. I'll admit, she's pretty, but she's no Cassandra Hendricks. (Inserts winky face and hairflip here.) She was really quiet, except for at lunch she sat by us, and was completely and totally just babbling like an idiot. "California this, California that." I wanted to strangle her.

I had to go to Piano lessons today. I was completely bored there. We just practiced the song I'm learning for the upcoming Christmas recital. I'm playing Carol of the Bells. I already know it up and down and backwards, but I have to practice it a million more times over the period of two months. It's such a pain.

As my family and teachers know me, I'm not one to complain. I'm a sweet angel with a "Yes sir" sort of attitude. I told my parents about Alex and Piano lessons, however, I sort of left out anything negative about the two.

I told my parents I was a good girl, and I invited her over to our table for lunch. That was only partially true. She was invited to our table but, no, I was not the one who invited her there. I didn't want her at all. I knew that she was going to be a bit cliche the second she walked into our homeroom, her eyes darting towards the ground then glancing at us. She was wearing a black beanie, black jeans and a white, fitted shirt. Her converse were purple. Her hair was dark brown with purple underneath. She had the greenest eyes ever.

I rolled my eyes as she quietly introduced herself as Alexandria, who liked to be called Alex, from Califrornia. Justin was drooling and so were a lot of the other guys. Most of the girls were smiling politely. Everybody wanted the pretty girl to be their best friend, or wanted her back in California. Isn't our school so stereotypical?