Tuesday, October 6th

We didn't even invite Alex to our table, but yes, she sat by us. Justin was all too thrilled to have that happen. I, on the other hand, rolled my eyes in disgust. Justin kicked me under the table. Justin used to like me, last year. 

Last year he was a bit of a dork. He's super smart, and he wasn't very good looking. He was also short and scrawny. Durring the summer, though, he got his growth spurt, and started working out, plus he got contacts. By the time that he was 16 and back at school, he was a girl magnet. Amazing if you make only a few changes, society looks at you in a totally different way. 

Usually, at our lunch table it's me, Jamie, Jackson, Justin, Max, Ella, and Jesse. Today, and yesterday, our group grew by one. Yesterday she seemed to pay no attention to Justin, simply answered questions she had and made no attempt to have a conversatin with him. Instead she really tried to catch Jesse and Jamie's attention. 

Jamie is cool. She doesn't care what you think of her, and she's really hardcore. She's got a real tattoo on her back, and a lip piercing. She's got piercings all up and down her ears, and she wears lots of leather. Her hair's spiky, blonde and pink. She's dating Jesse, who poses as the bad boy in our group, with his leather jacket, torn jeans and motorcycle. He's also the only one of us with a truck. 

Alex was talking to Jesse a lot, and glanced at Jaime the whole time, who, as Alexcontinued to talk and talk and talked, moved closer and closer to Jesse. She grabbed his hand and glared daggers at Alex. It was like she was branding him. Her message was obvious; "Stay away from my guy." 

Alex didn't seem to get it. She was sitting across from Jesse, and next to Justin and Max. I was sitting next to Jesse and could see her playing footsies under the table with him. Eventually, Jamie stood up and turned to Jesse and said, "I have to get a drink. Come with me." They left the cafeteria and Alex just turned to us and smiled. 

In gym we played dodge ball. Alex sucked. She got hit one time in the stomach, by a softly tossed ball that she could have caught, then she doubled over bawling. The whole game stopped and she had to go to the nurse. Maybe I was exaggerating a little bit about the whole softly tossed thing. I was the one who threw it and I threw it as hard as I could. Let's face it. I'm in these games to win. 

Well Justin totally freaked out and carried her to the nurses office like she was some sort of handicapped person and she had had her wheelchair stolen from her. He kept glaring at me. After school he came up to me and started screaming at me because he said it wasn't right of me to do what I did. Well that was completely unfair to say to me. I had thrown a ball at her durring a game. It wasn't like I had thrown a knife at her instead. 

So I started freaking out and said that I wasn't sorry that I hurt who he wishes was his girlfriend, and that she wouldn't ever like him because he was interested in Jesse and that she should just give up trying now. He didn't even say anything to me. He just turned around and ran outside. I instantly felt sorry after saying it and tried to chase after him but he was way too fast. 

I walked home crying.