Chapter 1

Every night after my twenty first birthday I have dreamt of being in my mates arms. I know him yet I don't see his face. His muscular build is comforting, his hands that move up and down my arms feel familiar. Then I see Aiden James. He should now be the alpha of Crimson pack now, probably with his mate living a happy life.

Thats why I can't go back there. Knowing full well I would see him again, I have a constant reminder of why I stayed away each day. Despite my mum and dad telling me they want to see him more in person instead of over Skype, I can't risk bumping into him. But now I have to, a promise to my best friends.

I went back before his twenty first birthday to tell him and try to gain back a love I lost with him but to be disappointed and replaced by his absence.

'When you feel the time is right to come home you will, no one will treat you any different my dear' My mum says that to me every time.

A couple months ago, my heart skipped a beat when I was skyping my parents and behind them I saw Aiden standing there, staring at the screen in disbelief.

I quickly ended the call, only to receive a call back from my mother who was very disappointed in my behaviour and hurt Aiden's feelings. I know he misses his best friend but I couldn't be that anymore, if anything I want more.

It was always him but I chose my passion for art and photography over him. Now I am a renown photographer, especially for my magazine photo shoots I do and my art exhibits.

I turn over to my side and look at a photo of Marcus, Aiden and I in a hug smiling at the person behind the camera. Fifteen was a good time before it all became complicated. Two best friends, one broke my heart and the other healed it.

Healing was the hardest, but what kept it from completely healing was the fact that I had his child.

Six years old, six years I had been away from home, from him. Six years I have looked after him all by myself but that was my doing. That was all my fault. I deprived my boy of knowing his father.

I knew my mum could see the outcome of everything I had done, yet keeping things to herself to let me find out for myself. But now they are excited to see us come home.

Two weeks I have been sucking in my pride for my boy, I know he needs his grandparents and family more than anything now that he is older. Travelling with me is too much for him, home schooling is a pain and annoying when the tutor is an old friend from the pack. Zeke Williams, found me pregnant while at my art programme. He was, at the time studying to become a teacher and he has supported me ever since.

He always told me of the things that happen back home every time he went back and surprise, Aiden always asked how I was but would leave out the fact I had his son. Zeke knew I wanted to be the one to tell him and only I need to tell him.

I hear my phone ringing and roll over to look at whose calling. I roll my eyes smiling and answer

"BABES!" I hear the scream on the other side. Addison, my girl best friend more like sister and Marcus's mate. Yes I said it, my ex boyfriends mate. The one I walked in on. I can always forgive her because I never told her of me dating Marcus and she never knew about his feelings for me.

I've gotten over her and Marcus, it took time to get over it when she told me he was her mate, I then had to tell her he had a girlfriend and that it was me. She didn't believe it at first but hearing the truth in my voice, she was close to rejecting him because of what he done to me. In all honesty I didn't see who he was sleeping with but even she is against cheating, she didn't talk to him for weeks until he came to apologise to me