Chapter 5

**Jasmine**

It was his turn to leave me. He wasn't rejecting me and he wasn't rejecting Kaleb, it was all on me. I have heard of wolves rejecting their mates and it wasn't very good. The rejected would be heartbroken for a long time and it takes a second chance mate to come along and make it right. I haven't seen it happen but I know Marcus's parents had that kind of love so I'm glad he didn't do it. Something inside me knew he would never do that to either of us.

I had a sleepless night, tossing and turning even going for a run in the middle of the night to try and clear my head but it didn't work. I wanted the life I had now with my mate but all it was doing was making things worse in my mind, making me confused. He is the alpha and needs a Luna but who wants a Luna that travels all the time. I can't and I don't want to give up the life I built for Kaleb and I.

He has everything he wants with the money that I make and is always humble about it, even telling me to donate for every charity that does collections. He had always stuck up for someone he saw was being picked on in the park. My son has a big heart and always reminds me of Aiden.

If Aiden was any other alpha like some I have come across, I would never have come back home. But I am still to determine what this newly built Aiden is like. I am pretty sure all alphas are alike in some ways, its just I am witnessing the old Aiden before the alpha title, the one I had fallen for over and over again.

"Gosh you look like you haven't slept!" Sammy says "Have you?" I shake my head in a no "Well we will get coffee at the airport and you can catch some z's on the plane" I nod my head pulling my bag along to the car yawning here and there.

"See you in few days son ok? Skype me, text me, call me write me"

"Ok mum I get it I get it, you'll only be gone a few days mum not a lifetime" I grab his bracelet and he grabs my necklace "I love you" we say at the same time when I turn my head to see Aiden walking up the drive

"You about to head out?" He asks as I nod my head "I know I wished you a safe trip last night but I'll wish it again, I wanted to have a quick word with you anyway" I look to Sammy who holds her fingers up and mouths 'five minutes' then smiles

"Son go over there for a second the alpha wants to speak to me" I kiss him on the head as he groans walking to my grandparents

"I know you didn't sleep last night, I didn't either" he says "I thought about what you said and I want to be a part of his life and yours if you want me"

I try to smile but instead I bite my lip and gaze up at his towering frame. Those muscles would do wonders against my body. Snap out of it! I saw a smirk form on his lips and my eyes widen making my cheeks heat up. Luckily I have a natural light brown skin complexion, it hides the blush.

"You should blush more often" on second thoughts maybe you can't hide from your mate

"I think we should take one step at a time? I will introduce you to him first and it can go from there, being with you means becoming Luna"

"You would make a great Luna" he smiles

"I don't doubt that I wouldn't" Ok where did that come from? I watch a bigger smirk form on his lips and one eyebrow rise "It's just I have a career that provided for me and Kaleb and I have made a name for myself, being a Luna means staying here not that staying with you and the pack isn't great, its just argh! This is so frustrating"

"Let's take the first step yeah" He takes my hand leading me over back to the car. I could see my mum holding back her tears as we approached a curious Kaleb

"Son you know the alpha" He nods his head "Well you know how nana Izzy and Grandpa Xavier said he is my friend, well he is their son" I watch him think over the words I just told him "What do you think that means?"